Good Hair Salons Upper West Side

Posted by Scottishlass 
Good Hair Salons Upper West Side
February 12, 2007 04:21PM
Hi there!

Can anyone suggest a really good hair salon in the area around W 78th Street ( Broadway and Amsterdam)?
I want my hair coloured and styled. Have wandered around for ages looking for a salon, but can't find any! (Well I saw 2, but they looked really dodgy!). Also, I don't want one that I need to wait 6 weeks for an appointment as I am only here for 3 weeks.
Look forward to hearing from you guys!
Luv
Lisa xxxxxxxxxx
Re: Good Hair Salons Upper West Side
February 12, 2007 07:07PM
I don't know one on the upper west side, but Benisty in Chelsea is fabulous. It is on W26th St just off 7th Ave not far from 28th St station so is quite accessible from where you will be staying. Ask for Maureen for colour and Michael for the cut, although everyone there is good. I used them for a couple of years while living and visiting NY and even went back last October when there for a visit.
February 12, 2007 10:54PM
Vardit Buse has a small salon on West 80th off Broadway, down a few steps on the south side of the street. She is a great hairstylist but doesn't do coloring. For that, go to Gentle Hair Care further down the block (nearer to Amsterdam).
February 13, 2007 08:45AM
I was told by a couple of assistants in Sephora that I should try Dramatics NYC. Would that be a good call? There is one on Columbus Ave.

Luv
Lisa xxx
January 28, 2009 04:17PM
there is jean louis david on 75th street and robert stuart around 84th street and aveda scott j on 72nd street. i have only been to two of the three but all are very highly recomended!
September 27, 2020 05:13PM
I went to Jean Louis David for a long time and like it - but they have closed permanently as the result of Covid.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 13