carries stoop

Posted by N 
N
carries stoop
June 11, 2006 02:53PM
ok iv read SO many different opinions on many sites to where Carries actual appartment stoop is, i SO need to go there when i visit NY!where is it?!!
Re: carries stoop
June 13, 2006 07:33AM
Carrie's stoop is on Perry Street between W. 4th and Bleeker.
June 13, 2006 09:25PM
66 Perry St. The street seems so much smaller in real life
b
June 15, 2006 06:44AM
Yes - and since the Magnolia Bakery is just a few blocks away - you have to go get a cupcake from there just like Carrie and her friends did in the show.

I am always having to take my friends to that bakery and that stoop when they come visit. I have so many photos of me with different friends on that stoop.
June 17, 2006 11:57AM
Yeah...I made the pilgrimage to Magnolia Bakery, too. I wan't that impressed with the cupcakes...I ate two to make sure.... :-)
June 15, 2008 12:50PM
A word to the wise: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO THERE!

On my recent vacation, I decided that since I had been a fan of the show since I was 17, that I would go take a pic on the stoop like so many of my friends have before.
BIG MISTAKE. I noticed a brass plate and a chain guarding the steps and a woman on them talking to a gentlemen. She had papers in her hand and she was a grumpy bitch.

I went across the street and held up my camera to get a shot and just as I put my arms down, she proceeds to SCREAM at me.

YOU ARE INVADING MY PRIVACY!
GET A LIFE!
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!

So I said, "Well, the little brass sign doesn't say anything about NO PHOTOGRAPHY so I'm taking a--"

"EXCUSE ME? I LIVE HERE! You are not allowed to take photos of me or my house. GO AWAY!" she snarled.

I asked if she realized where she lived and how she had no control of me taking a photo from the street and she refused to speak to me. I apologized for invading her privacy and she made a quip about the genuineness of my apology and then I left.

It was totally worth it and now I have a fun story about the troll that lives in the house where Carrie's stoop was located! hahaha

And my picture was FABULOUS.
July 22, 2008 10:27AM
I just went there the otherday, this is my first time in NY. Luckily no one was home, there were other people there as well taking photos, but yeah that chain was still up.

I mean I can understand it prob gets old after a while but who ever lives there has to realize that tourists are going to be hanging around, I mean its a public street as long as they arent going up to the door or on the steps, which is blocked off anyways then theres noting she can really do about it.
February 18, 2009 09:34AM
Take your friends and go on the SATC bus tour--it's so much fun, and we even got a free cupcake.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 8