Best of NYC Pizza

Posted by aschae 
Re: Best of NYC Pizza
February 24, 2008 09:43PM
There are lots of great pizzas in NYC. But the ones I like best have a superthin crust. And firing in a brick oven, while not absolutely essential, does help put a regular pizza over the top.

Plus anything from Pizza hut or Dominos doesn't even get into the competition.
February 25, 2008 05:01AM
Oracle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like John's on Bleecker.

Bet,

Is that the one that's been converted from an old church? If so, you sent me there about 4 or 5 years ago, and you're right it's great! Probably the best pizza I've ever had that side of the Pond!
February 19, 2010 07:59AM
Sal's Pizzeria
544 Lorimer Street
Brooklyn NY

2nd Stop on L Train from Union Sqaure. Love Sals slice..... And for the ultimate classic old school neighborhood bar next door try Jr...
Oracle?
February 19, 2010 06:31PM
Good pizza news around town this week:

I heard that the fabulous Totonno's has reopened in Coney Island. They were gutted by fire last year.

And The Times' just gave a rave review to the new Williamsburg pizza place, Motorino:

[events.nytimes.com]

I do love all these new artisanal pizza places, but there is something to be said for the traditional New York pizza slice, folded over and dripping with cheese, sauce and oil.
March 01, 2010 02:12PM
I'm still looking for my favourite slice in the city. Tried Lombardi's and really wasn't impressed at all!

Probably doesn't count, but the Calzone at Tramonti, 46th St btwn 8th & 9Th was pretty darn good!

Leigh.
March 01, 2010 07:02PM
defitnetly if i had to pick among the best nyc limousine pizerrias i would be Grimaldi's in Brooklyn. they escore an "A"
March 01, 2010 10:23PM
Apparently Grimaldis are opening a 24/7 shop on 6th Ave and I think 21st, it's the old Avalon/Limelight site.
July 25, 2014 06:16AM
I had the BEST, YUMMIEST pizza last night at a place in Greenpoint, Brooklyn called Paulie Gee's.
[pauliegee.com]
I didn't think I was going to like it. First, we had to wait an hour for a table, and we arrived at 8:30pm on a Thursday. Then, it's all "fancy" pizza, and normally I like just regular standard pizza, nothing fancy or with weird toppings. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait, and the fancy pizza was excellent. My favorite one had cherries on it, believe it or not. And my second favorite had honey on it. I think that one was called the Hellboy and the cherry one was called Cherry Jones. The Greenpointer was also very good, as were the Ricky Ricotta and the Regina. I went with a group of five and we got five pizzas. Could have done with four, but they were so delicious that we got five. I'll for sure go back, it was super yummy. Take the G train to Greenpoint Ave and it's a few short blocks towards the water on Greenpoint Ave, and while you wait there are plenty of bars nearby to get a drink at.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 10