United Clock Corp.

Posted by Katie 
Kathy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have a mantel clock with a boy and girl swinging (animated with light).
It is all mounted on a
> wood-look plastic base. It is in good shape. Can you tell
> me what the approximate value of this piece is. It is
> approximately 1-1/2 ft tall. Brass?? at the bottom.
> Made by "United Metal Goods, MFG, Inc. Brooklyn
> NY
C.1950, United Metal Goods Mfg, Brooklyn, NY, BOY and GIRL ON SWING, Mantel Clock
> Thanks,
> Kathy[/b]
Re: United Clock Corp.
November 14, 2010 12:23AM
Hi. My name is Anna. I have the same clock u described. I've been googling the co. name and model #422 but did not find anything. Can u please advise whether you were succesful in appraising your clock?

Thank you.
Pat
November 19, 2010 08:37AM
Hi, I have an electric wall clock from United Clock....it has loops(petals)all the way around it with an ivy leaf in each loop. It's black(don't know if it's been painted) I remember it being in our house 50 years ago. Do you know when it was actually made, and what it might be worth (ball park)? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Pat
Re: United Clock Corp. model #455
November 21, 2010 11:41AM
My parents have this old clock, it is a United Clock Corp. #455 "Fireplace Hearth clock, and that's about all I know about the clock. My Grandmother bought the clock in the 50's right after my father was born and then my grandmother gave it to my father some years ago. According to my father he grew up very poor and I am very curious as to why she would have spent the money on this clock. I am looking for any info you have on the clock, maybe it will help shed some light as to why she bought it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Melissa
November 23, 2010 07:50AM
I just bought a united clock Corp model#38 and I was wondering what its vintage and value might be beings I can't find anything on this model
JMB
December 19, 2010 05:37PM
If you take off the back plate on the clock (two small bolts), there's a date printed on the back side of it. I just bought one that's dated February 1962.

I remember these from my childhood, in the homes of playmates. My research labels them as "carnival clocks." They were among those rarer items that lured people to carnival games.

I hope this helps!
December 23, 2010 11:30PM
I have the same clock! It still works great. Im trying to sell it, know anywhere I could look to find a good price? We have no idea what its worth. It was my grandmothers, and my dad gave it to me, and asked me to find a price online. But I've had no luck.
December 23, 2010 11:31PM
I have the same clock! It still works great. Im trying to sell it, know anywhere I could look to find a good price? We have no idea what its worth. It was my grandmothers, and my dad gave it to me, and asked me to find a price online. But I've had no luck.
model 455
December 27, 2010 08:08PM
Needs repair. Where? Is it worth the repair price?
January 15, 2011 03:21PM
I have a United Clock Model 290 scene EXC. It is working all the way .We bought it in 1955 for $ 17.00. United motion lamp clock. Can you please give me an idea of what it is worth. excellent condition.
January 25, 2011 04:50PM
I think I have the same clock,but all electric and it runs and the people move it is brass colored and the screen is green and orange.Have you found out anything about it, i am 53 and also acquired it after my mom passed.
January 28, 2011 03:27PM
I inherited an United Clock Model 313 from my mother. It is a shelf clock with a horse on a brass base with a clock with western items on it. The clock is electric. I would like to know the value of the clock and where parts can be ordered for it.
Thanks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 12