area around columbia university

Posted by wellie 
Re: area around columbia university
September 08, 2005 02:02PM
113th and 7th is east of Morningside Park, which is outside of the Columbia/Morningside Hts area. Not sure about its safety -- maybe less than Morningside Heights proper.
Red
September 08, 2005 02:29PM
113th and 7th is most definitely Harlem. I wouldn't consider that safe for a bunch of naive out of towners at night.
September 08, 2005 03:26PM
Hey! Who are you calling naive? :-)

Red
September 08, 2005 03:58PM
Sorry. If your group is from a dense, low-to-moderate income urban area such as Northeast or Southeast DC, the South Side of Chicago, or South Boston, they should be fine at 113th and 7th.
September 08, 2005 07:19PM
Ha. I was joking. But really, I do appreciate the information. I think we nixed the place based on this information as it left a few of us feeling leery.

Thank you!
Safety in W120th
April 21, 2008 03:34PM
Well, I´m looking for a appartment for a vacation.Can someone tell me about that street.Secure to walk to/from subway?

Thanks a lot
Red
April 21, 2008 03:45PM
WEST of Morningside Terrace, that street is very safe and pleasant; I lived very near there for a while. WEST of Morningside Terrace.
Hi Red,

what does that mean? I guess my appartment on 120th/121st W is two blocks from Lenox?!? Not safe?
Red
April 22, 2008 07:21PM
You are correct. That is the bad side of 120th. You need to be WEST of Morningside. Go look at a map. That is well EAST of Morningside.
So, how is it over near Amsterdam and W. 104th?

I am considering living there, am a white grad student type guy, don't look like a tourist or out-of towner...
November 09, 2008 01:25AM
Hi! Two friends and I (we're all small, white women who've lived in NY for two years) are looking to move to 116th and 8th ave. It's only a half block from the B/C, so we assume it's ok. And the block just to the west of us looks fancy. Anyone have any opinions, before we sign a lease...?

Thanks so much!
November 09, 2008 09:04AM
Anyone?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 11