Luggage Storage

Posted by Elocin 
Re: Luggage Storage
August 03, 2009 08:05PM
[www.yelp.com]

Seriously, who wouldn't use this place?

Kicked out of the hotel at 12pm and left with two very heavy bags until a flight at 10.10pm, we had to put them somewhere. For $8-$10 a bag, Schwartz is a little room on the second floor of an unexceptional but fairly well-marked building (with an elevator, thank god) sandwiched between Penn Station and the Port Authority.

The guy behind the counter took my bags and asked if $10 a bag 'was okay' with me. I wasn't going to haggle with a Jew (because my haggling skills are rubbish. Not because of racial stereotypes. No, of course not).

Anyway, $10 to take 50 pounds of luggage off my hands for an entire day is a bargain. I would not hesitate to use Schwartz again if I'm in NYC and have a couple hours between checkout time and my flight home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 08:11PM by askanewyorker.
September 30, 2009 12:36PM
Schwartz Travel Services
Main Location - Penn Station area: 355 w 36th St. NYC - Open Everyday: 8am - 11pm
Limited Location - Grand Central area: 34 w 46th St. NYC - Open Everyday: 9am - 6pm
212-290-2626
www.schwartztravel.com
* Luggage Storage (day - week - month)
* Coat Check
* Mini Storage
Welcome to New York City...
No reservations are required
$7 - $10 per bag - per 24hours
Many discounts available
SAFE. SECURE. RELIABLE
Thank you
we hope to see you soon...
info@schwartztravel.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 09:33AM by askanewyorker.
December 05, 2009 10:44PM
Hi.. NWS NEWS
Someone in NEW York have opened a business smileys with beer [www.schwartztravel.com]

Todays date is December 5th 2009 and Yes they are in business. *They open 8am and closes 11PM.

We are checking out today from our hotel at 7.30am. We then take a shuttle from NJ and arrives at the Port Authority 8am. There is only 7 blocks walk (the short side of the block equal to two blocks the long side). its located at 33Th street between 8Th and 9Th avenue next block to Penn station. So its easily accessible from both Penn station and the Port Authority. This way we can go to Empire State building before our plane departure what would otherwise have been impossible. The shuttle to JFK departure from the Port Authority, so all spots are in the same area. cool... Check them out, they also have a location near Grand Central Station.
February 23, 2010 05:17AM
From Yelp

5/1/2009 This place was a real life saver. We didn't want to be carrying our luggage around Manhattan so we went to the Schwartz Travel on 43 W 46th St. The sign is very small so it was hard to find.

Once you find the place, you go up an elevator and there is a small room with a woman at a desk. She keeps track of the bags and you fill out some information and she gives you a ticket for your bags.

It was $8 a bag which was not bad considering how much of a hassle it is to be carrying around your luggage in Manhattan.

4/29/2009 Awesome. This place saved me from schlepping my heavy suitcase all over Manhattan in 90 degree temperatures. It's simple, cheap and in walking distance of Penn Station.

I will use them again and again. Plus, they're open fairly late (11pm) so you can relax and enjoy your entire day without a giantor bag hanging off your shoulder and a wheelie cart trailing behind you.

The guy at the desk was friendly too!
September 05, 2010 12:02AM
I'm liking the Penn Station storage idea, but can you pick up your luggage at anytime, or is the luggage check only open during certain hours?
September 22, 2011 08:47AM
Hey guys,

There is a new place that opened up at 303 Park Ave. South (at 23rd Street) called Cubby. They are right at street level, brightly lit, and super clean.

They do luggage storage, bag check, bag drop...and they will even courier it back.

They have a mobile application too for the iPhone and Android too!

Carry-on size is $5.00 per 24 hr period, check-in size is $8.00 for 24 hours.

www.gocubby.com

347-231-4159
February 12, 2014 11:13AM
February 21, 2014 03:16PM
As a frequent visitor to NYC I think this temporary luggage storage idea is brilliant. I always hated having to go straight to my hotel upon arriving. When you get to the city, you want to see it immediately.
January 05, 2015 03:27PM
City Co Pilot
www.citycopilot.com

Your neighborhood front desk
143 Orchard St
B/w Rivington and Delancey

Andrea and Maggie Rock!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 05:08PM by askanewyorker.
January 07, 2016 07:50PM
I used LuggagePub.com

I think it is better because they will pick up your bag where you specify and drop off wherever you want too!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 15