How ghetto?

Posted by Gangsta Girl 
How ghetto?
October 05, 2004 09:31AM
I wanted to no how ghetto Queens is because i got some friend that are always talking bout Queens i live in Baltimore, Md it Ghetto there but i just want to no what queens looks like the bad parts of Queens could some one send me pictures?? i wanna see what Queens is all about (TRUE)
Krissi
Re: How ghetto?
October 05, 2004 09:36AM
Queens is REALLY large. I mean, it is probably three times the size of Baltimore, if not even larger. So some areas, of course, are not very nice, but there are also other neighborhoods in Queens that are very nice! It completly matters on the neighborhood.
HOW GHETTO IS QUEENS, NY
October 20, 2004 12:14PM
YO WAT UP GANGSTA IM FRM COMPTON, LOS ANGELES AND I LIVE IN A MOTHER FCKIN HOOD YALL WORD UP, SO DOG SEND ME SOME PICTURES OF THE HOOD OF QUEENS I WANNA SEE HOW IT'S LIKE AND SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOOD YALL NIGGAZ DONT KNOW EVERY NIGHT THERE IS A DRIVE-BY SHOOTING IN MY HOOD THERE WAS ONE A COUPLE PF DAYS AGO YALL JUST OF 55TH AVENUE OUTSIDE A LIQOUR MART TWO CRIPS MEMBERS WERE SHOT DEAD. YALL THAT'S SOME CRAZY @!#$ YOU CANT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT YOUR PEICE ME AND MY HOMIES DONE A DRIVE - BY SHOOTING TO A PUNK WHO MADE MY SISTER PREGNENT YALL WE BLASTED HIM WITH A FCKIN AK-47 YALL IT WAS TIGHT BUT THE MOTHER FCKER WAS STILL ALIVE HE WAS CRAWLING YOU KNOW WAT IM SAYIN I GOT OUT WITH MY AK AND BLASTED 15 ROUNDS IN HIS HEAD. THE POLICE DONT DO @!#$ YALL THEY DONT EVEN CARE CUZ THERES SO MANY MURDERS THEY JUST DONT GIVE A @!#$ MAN I LIVE OFF WELFARE MY MOMS AND POPS ARE BOTH DEAD THEY WERE ADDICITS YALL THE DIED OF AN OVERDOSE I SELL WEED AND COKE FOR A LIVING IM ABOUT TO LEAVE HIGH-SCHOOL AND IM ALREADY A HUSTLER THE STREETZ ARE HUGRY SO STAY ALIVE FOR ALL MY PEEPS, AND SO I ALSO HEARD ABOUT A PAKISTANI GANG IN QUEENS NEAR THE JACKSON HEIGHTS AREA THEY CALL THEMSELVES 'MEDINA BOYS' YER SEND SOME INFO ON THOSE PAKISTANIS.
October 20, 2004 05:33PM
Saud ahmed.. R u serious.. hehehe what u just said sounded so Ghetto and so rehearsed and staged....From Sydney here.. I've been to Queens Flushing for a night had no problem there .. very asian but no problem.. and I've been to Queens Astoria and that place was really nice....lots of cafes and restaurants.. I saw no drive by shootings hehe . yo yo yo!!!

mwah
Marybeth
Re: HOW GHETTO IS QUEENS, NY
October 20, 2004 06:01PM
for more info about Queens, see [queens.about.com]
Queens, I'm afraid, is not such a "ghetto" place, sorry to let you down. Sure, there are "bad" neighborhoods, but we're not talking regular drive-by shootings and such.
[queens.about.com]
that will show you some pictures.
Saud, I hope you're not serious.
Re: HOW GHETTO IS QUEENS, NY
October 20, 2004 06:25PM
I think Suad is having us on Marybeth .. I mean yeah I've heard about South Central LA..but i think he is having us on about him being there.. hahaha

mwah
April 30, 2008 08:08AM
smiling smiley hey.well I'm from queens NY.and i moved to DC wen i was in middle school know I'm in the 11 grade.and ppl call me ghetto all the time so i guess it rubbed of on me.so i kant even lie cuz it is ghetto.
Red
April 30, 2008 08:14AM
The thing a lot of people don't understand is that Queens alone has 2.3 million people. That's more than 3x Baltimore. It's also quite physically large - 16 miles across. So the very few "ghetto" neighborhoods - mostly Jamaica, South Jamaica, parts of the Rockaways and parts near JFK Airport - are really outnumbered by a ton of other neighborhoods. The borough as a whole is nowhere near as tough as Baltimore.
italics
April 30, 2008 09:13AM
Perceptions and stereotypes are deceiving! Queens is just like any other city in that it has some bad neighborhoods, but the large majority of it is completely fine. In fact, I'd call Queens one of the most residential and family friendly boroughs of the city.

If it's crime you're concerned with, look at the facts:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

Baltimore was the 12th most dangerous city in America last year. New York City, on the other hand, usually runs around 112th and is known to be the safest city with a population over 1 million in America. Consider that NYC has a population of over 8 million people and that puts things into perspective! Of course, it's still a large city and you have to keep your wits about you and be careful, but it's not nearly as dangerous as it used to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2008 09:14AM by (n/a).
tom
April 30, 2008 12:14PM
saud

are you the director of Boyz n the hoodsmoking smiley
Danielle
May 05, 2008 01:21PM
I can't believe this is a real question/thread. Either the OP is a very naive 14 year old girl or very bored adult looking to 'flame' the site with divisive, offensive stereotypes of the outer boroughs.
May 29, 2008 01:29AM
It depends. Woodside, Elmhurst, Far Rockaway, Jamaica/Southside, Queens, Jackson Heights, and around JFK are pretty ghetto.. but everywhere else is aight.. I lived in Bayside.. but I rep Flushing, SoHo and Harlem.. that's where I bang.. course now in L.A., I live in Walnut (some little city between West Covina and Diamond Bar that no one gives a @#$%& about) and rep West Covina. Fuckin boring here but at least I'm gettin weapons and hustlin... also, a lot of Airsoft players here. My hood is boring as @#$%& tho.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 13