Naked Cowboy

Posted by KC 
KC
Naked Cowboy
October 01, 2004 08:23AM
Hi,

What's the story on the Naked Cowboy in Times Square? Does someone pay him to do this, or is he just a nutbar?

We got pictures of him this summer when we were in NYC but no idea what he was doing in his underwear in the middle of the street!
Krissi
Re: Naked Cowboy
October 01, 2004 09:36AM
He's a nutbar. He thinks he is going to become famous and make millions by being "the naked cowboy". Like, he wants to sell shirts and stuff with his image on it and make tons of cash.

He's a bit weird. But he has a cute butt :-)
October 01, 2004 05:09PM

I've seen him there at the beginning of December whilst everyone was walking around in big thick winter coats..while there was a wind chill factor of - 465786876 degrees..!
pinacolada
October 02, 2004 08:09AM
Is he always there? I didn't see him last time I was in NYC. Seen him on TV though.
caroline
October 02, 2004 09:41AM
i read somewhere that a tourist stood and watched the naked cowboy for about 15mins and around 100 people stopped to take photos etc. Each of these people gave him between $1-2. Not a bad days work, eh?!
October 02, 2004 07:19PM
He has his own website, I think it is www.thenakedcowboy.com and definitely a very cute butt.
October 02, 2004 07:32PM
sorry it's www.nakedcowboy.com
[www.nakedcowboy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2010 05:45AM by askanewyorker.
sara
October 02, 2004 07:56PM
he travels around.. but most of his time is in time square.. he doesn't go to other states too though.. AND he was in the cake music video.. i forget what song though.
Erin R
October 03, 2004 12:33AM
Oh, He was in Tokyo this spring! Funny guy, anyway.
KC
October 21, 2004 03:27PM
Thanks all. Lately haven't had a chance to look for your responses until now. Too funny. Kinda thought he was nutty.

Cheers,

K
KC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks all. Lately haven't had a chance to look
> for your responses until now. Too funny. Kinda
> thought he was nutty.
>
> Cheers,
>
> K
TmR
June 27, 2008 11:27AM
I'm his manager. He does travel outside NYC for a small event fee of $25k/day plus travel and accommodations for 5. Appearances in NYC are $5k/hr. Today he is doing a scene on Law & Order Criminal Intent "Vanishing Act" ...

Here's a cool Naked Cowboy 2008 demo reel:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="[www.youtube.com] src="[www.youtube.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 15