Carrie Bradshaw

Posted by maggo 
Re: Carrie Bradshaw
May 08, 2006 12:37PM
The building which was used as a "stand-in" for 245 East 73rd Street is actually in Greenwich Village. "Carrie's" house is on Perry Street between west 4th and Bleecker I think the number is 60.
May 14, 2006 02:42PM
Hi!

I'm belgian and I just come back from NYC.

The stoop is really on Perry Street, number 1866 (or 66 is correct, I don't know if you tell the 2 first numbers). When you're in front, you know that it's the place.

The Magnolia Bakery is 401 Bleecker Street. Be patient because you have to wait until taking your cupcake (unless the day I went to the bakery the was a huge queue).

The Scoot is not on Mulberry Street or something like that. Te real name of the bar is O'Neals and is located 174 Grand Street.You will recognize it as soon as you will see it.

The fountain where Carrie asked Mr Big why he chose Natasha and not her is in front of the Plaza, on the 5th Avenue. You can't miss it.

The Bar Code where Carrie goes with the Comics guy is closed but you can still see the name.

The church where Samatha meets The Friar is located in the 29th Street, between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue. It has different names : The little church around the corner, The church of the tranfiguration... You will recognize it as well.

Concerning Friends, yes the building is on the corner of Grove Street and Bedford Street in Greenwich. When you see the place where Chandler works, the one with crosses on the windows (not filmed there), it's juste near the Plaza. The Central Perk DOESN'T exist! The apartments' interiorsn the Central perk and s.o. where filmed in Warner Bros.

I hope to have help some of you!
January 17, 2007 10:25AM
Hi all,
I'm going to NY in February (from Ireland).
Can anyone tell me where some of the bars/restaurants are that were on the show or if they even exist ?
January 22, 2007 01:29AM
I don't live in New York but I go there a few times a year. I went on the SATC tour a year a go. It's hard to be on the bus when you want to explore everything you see, so I don't think it was worth the $70 that my friend and I spent. So, to help the other tourists out a bit...

-Carrie's stoop is in the Village 66 Perry Street
-Magnolia Bakery is 2 blocks away, but there's a Buttercup Bakeshop in both the Upper Eastside and Westside that use the same recipe and will box the cupcakes for you. I hate that you have to do it yourself at Magnolia because there's always a line and you feel rushed.
-Also, the park across the street is where Miranda met Steve's girlfriend Debbie and tripped.
-Samantha's MeaPa address is 300 Ganesvoort St, it has a red door
-Nearby is MEET, which was on season 6, as well as Pastis! If you eat there for lunch it's not terribly expensive and the food is great! It's also a great place for star sighting.
-SoHo House where Samantha got kicked out of the pool is also near there.
-Oneial's aka Scout is Steve's bar and it's on Grande near Centre in Little Italy.
-Aidan's Furniture Company is on Greenwich in between Jane and Horatio.
-A lot of other places are must-see whether you like SATC or not. I love the Upper Westside so I recommend Gray's Papaya Hotdogs, because Carrie wrote a book! And H & H bagels ("the good bagels" according to Carrie and Miranda) is just a few blocks away. As is Zabar's, where Charlott wants her brisket lean!

This show is my "thing," Obviously.
January 23, 2007 06:51AM
^^ Those are really helpful posts! Let me see what wisdom I can depart and those going. I didn't take a satc tour I made my own up, since im a huge fan of the show. I thought it was great since you get to walk around the city, you're not enclosed on a bus and really feel the different neighbourhoods. I also went to a few of the bars at night which you cant do on the tour and a lot of the time I landed in places I didn't even realise were from satc smiling smiley

- cowgirl, 519 hudson [carrie and miranda bump into steve and aiden drinking beers here with their girlfriends]
- boathouse cafe, central park [carrie and big meet here and carrie falls in the pond.]
- jefferson market garden [miranda and steve get married here
- Florent, 66 Gansevoort [a restaurant from the show]
- Bed, 530 W. 27th St [another bar from the show]
- Sushi Samba 7, 87 7th ave S
Olga
February 10, 2007 11:28PM
hi....anybody can tell any bars the girls went to?
February 11, 2007 08:38PM
hello, please, im a big fan of SEX & CITY, and i would like to know if anybody can tell me were is the place/bar were the 4 girls meet every Saturday for gossip and brunch.

Thanks
February 12, 2007 03:36PM
I just rented an apt at 63 Perry Street and the owner said next door is where they filmed outside of Carrie's apt. He also said SJP lived in the neighborhood. He said she was great neighbor and that it was worth putting up with all the extra commontion on his street because she was so nice.
March 06, 2007 06:58PM
Claudia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello, please, im a big fan of SEX & CITY, and i
> would like to know if anybody can tell me were is
> the place/bar were the 4 girls meet every Saturday
> for gossip and brunch.
>
> Thanks

Does anyone know?

Thank yousmiling smiley
March 07, 2007 05:13PM
The coffee shop is part of a set. It is not real, and does not exist!!
March 19, 2007 10:59AM
There is an episode of SATC where they show a letter addressed to Carrie sitting on a table. The address on that letter is 245 E. 73rd St., which does not exist. I lived at 319 E. 73rd St. between 1st and 2nd Aves. and my wife is a SATC fanatic. When we saw the 245 E. 73rd St. address, we ran out to look for it. It should be between 2nd and 3rd Aves., but the last place on that block is a bar called "Bounce." Maybe Carrie had several different addresses on the show, but 245 E. 73rd St. was definitely one of them, and it definitely does not exist.
-
-
-
-
www.TailoredTours.com
March 25, 2007 10:21PM
The address of Carries brownstone is 66 Perry St, It's in the village, not the upper east side, like the show makes it be.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 15?
Online Users

Guests: 15