re: old fashion candy
April 05, 2004 06:57PM
I am looking for some old fashion candy that I had as a child and some one told me I could find it in Ny.
It came in a tin like a bottle cap form with a little tin spoon the candy was a creamy confection in different colors like on the idea of the old fashioned candy lipsticks. PLEASE HELP
SAXY
April 06, 2004 05:50AM
Go to Hersheys, there are a range of sweets and chocolates there. Right in times square about 35th street.
Kelly
April 06, 2004 06:56AM
that would be around 42nd St, I think even a few blocks north
April 06, 2004 07:13AM
There is a candy store on Seventh Ave near 36th ( I think), don't know its name but it had a huge variety.
Mr. Wonka
April 06, 2004 07:13AM
This place is amazing and has been around forever. It's called Economy Candy
108 Rivington Street which is on the lower East side.
Sun-Fri 9-6
Sat 10-5
Hershey on 42 street is a Joke. They spent more
$$ on the fascade then they did on the interior. Avoid!
Betty
April 06, 2004 10:09AM
I couldn't find exactly what you're looking for, but found this nice-looking web shop. They've even got the candy lips!

[www.hometownfavorites.com]

Interestingly, they carry Fox's U-Bet Vanilla Syrup, but not the Chocolate.
KM
April 06, 2004 01:01PM
THERE'S A GREAT CANDY STORE CALLED DYLAN'S CANDY BAR RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM BLOOMINGDALES, THE ADDRESS IS 1011 THIRD AVE AND 60TH ST.
Re: re: old fashion candy
October 22, 2008 06:55AM
Japanese candy

[nymag.com]
March 07, 2010 10:50AM
Dylan's Candy Bar and Economy Candy are the two best places in NYC for old fashion candy. If you like imported candy such as, French or English candy, try Chelsea Market Baskets at 75 9th Ave. it's great! They also sell Leonidas Chocolates from Belgium. All most forgot, they have a good selection of licorice too! Have fun exploring the sweet side of New York!
June 14, 2011 01:01AM
I know exactly the candy you are talking about and have been looking for it for years! It came in like a little gold pie pan, it had a small metal spoon to get the stuff out. It was something like taffy? Came in maybe 3 pastel colors, yellow, pink, and maybe green??

I have yet to ever find it. If you ever do please let me know. I live in Ohio now.

Thanks for your time!
I too remember buying this candy at a corner store in western Pennsylvania during the 1950's. I believe the candy came without wrapping, just displayed in an old-fashioned glass candy case, but am not sure. I also recall that for a brief time it came in at least two different sizes, a regular size and then a larger size, maybe two and a half inches in diameter. I don't remember if the spoons were attached or if you were just handed one when you purchased. I also recall that the candy wasn't that great, but it sure was fun to eat it with the spoon. I believe the candy was around for only a few years. I have never seen or heard of the candy since, and was amazed to come up with something when I Googled it. Though trivial, still a distinct and fond memory. Thanks
July 13, 2011 10:51PM
I lived in Hoboken as a kid and that candy was quite popular in the candy shop that a member of our family owned. There must be some info about who made it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 10