re: old fashion candy

Posted by MARYANN 
Re: re: old fashion candy
September 21, 2011 06:10PM
I too have been looking for this pie tin candy for years. The candy store around the corner in Cleveland, OH was were I had it in early 50s. Look forward to getting some info on it. Thanks for looking into it.
October 28, 2011 10:48AM
the company went out of business ,so sorry as I use to love these. we use to call them bottle caps. came with a tiny tin spoon.
carol
October 29, 2011 01:20PM
I remember this candy from when I lived in New Jersey in the early 50's. I loved it. I was about 4 or 5 and would go to the candy down the street and buy it. I'm so disappointed that the company went out of business. Is there anything like this pan candy out there somewhere?
November 01, 2011 04:01PM
i remember that candy, and i loved it.it was from the 50's i remember it being pink and you had to take the spoon from the tin. it was attached..i think it was 2 cents,,why did they stop making it??who remembers what it was called.. also joyva marmalade candy, raspberry jelly and sugar on one side and white in the middle and orange on the other side the same size as the halvah.
December 15, 2011 07:16PM
There was a jelly filled cookie that was on every candy store counter in the 50's and 60's in the Bronx, NY. This was two rectangular shaped cookies with jelly in between and chocolate sprinkles stuck to the jelly. Came in a clear plastic wrapper. Does anybody remember this treat and is it still available?
Thank you.
March 27, 2013 04:03PM
I\'ve been trying to find (and find out about) those little plate-and-spoon candies. I found an article in the Pittsburgh Press from 1905, in which a candy manufacturer is talking about the different candies his company makes. He said, \"For this hot weather we have candy ice cream. This is on a tiny tin plate, a tiny tin spoon sticks in the middle of it, and it is colored brown, white, and red, to represent chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.\" I\'ve also heard of it as being made to look like an egg on a plate.
April 02, 2013 08:25AM
[www.economycandy.com]
you could see if economy candy has it, or if they could help you locate it?
Tom
March 08, 2015 07:34AM
In Baltimore at our school store I remember that candy. It had the tiny spoon that you dug the confection out with. Back then, there wee those am and pa stores who sold nickel candies along with gigantic pickled onions and hot fire balls!
November 18, 2016 07:29PM
I have been looking for this candy for years. I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers it. I use to buy it in Newark, NJ Thanks
December 03, 2016 05:48AM
I've been trying to find this candy for years. It might be called ice cream candy.
May 16, 2017 11:18AM
I have search the globe for probably twenty some odd years looking for the candy and sadly it does not exist anymore. I grew up in NYC and the most popular variety was white nougat with a yellow spot in the center..to represent a fried egg. It did come with the tiny spoon and was in the metal bottle cap type tin. For a short period, they did try to present it in colored nougat ..I remember pink and also brown...and perhaps that is what someone referred to as ice cream representations ..vanilla, choc. and strawberry. I do not remember red as someone stated but more of a peptobismol pink. I have seen the little tins and spoons at antique shows..they try to say they were doll house stuff..which they were not.By the way..I now live in Ecuador..so I am quite sure no one would know what I am talking about other than perhaps another over the hill expat.
September 13, 2017 03:19PM
I also recall this candy from the early 1950's in the Bronx. However, in the late 1960's or early 70's I found this exact candy (yes, with the tin spoon) at a candy story at the original MGM hotel in Las Vegas. The store was at the basement level with many other shops. I purchase a couple of pounds of the candy and it lasted for many months. I have not seen it since.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 18