300 lexington ave. manhattan

Posted by thomas white 
Hello I am from England, and I am trying to find my Great Grandfathers roots he was named as being at sea in the1880 census New York city borough the address we think was 300 Lexington ave. and I would like to find out if the building is still there or if it has been replaced and when.We hope to come to New York on a visit and would like to see it.His name was Robert Howland Morris the head of household was Mary E Brown widow, his mother. I hope someone can help and thank you all. Yours Sincerley Thomas White
Re: 300 lexington ave. manhattan
May 12, 2004 11:45AM
I don't know if the original building is there, but here is the website to locate New York addresses. Very easy to use.

[www.ny.com]
Rita, thank you for the swift reply to my query 300 Lexington ave I tried the web site and it gave me the cross street 37th and at least I now know which side of Lexington ave it was on but I still dont know about the building if you can think of any thing elseIwould be so glad .thankyou for your help. Yours Thomas White
The building will be in the block between 36th and 37th, closer to 37th St., on the western side of Lexington Avenue.
It will be approximately across the street from the area between 283 Lexington which is the Soldiers', Sailors', Marines' and Airmens' Club; founded in 1919 to provide accomodations for members and veterans of the armed forces; and 303 Lexington (the northeast corner of the Lexington Ave/37th St intersection) which is Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel which dates to 1926 and was formerly the Secret Harbor Bistro.
Hope this helps - good luck.
May 12, 2004 04:53PM
Well Thomas, from what Chris wrote, there are two old buildings on the block and there is hope yours is too.
Chris Thank you for your info , it is a great help this is my first night on this web site I am going to use it again you New Yorkers are so helpful . Yours Thomas White
Gary Howland Walker
July 05, 2019 08:27AM
thomas white Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello I am from England, and I am trying to find
> my Great Grandfathers roots he was named as being
> at sea in the1880 census New York city borough the
> address we think was 300 Lexington ave. and I
> would like to find out if the building is still
> there or if it has been replaced and when.We hope
> to come to New York on a visit and would like to
> see it.His name was Robert Howland Morris the head
> of household was Mary E Brown widow, his mother. I
> hope someone can help and thank you all.
> Yours Sincerley Thomas White
Hey. So I've fallen across this very old thread as I'm also looking up my relative from New York Robert Howland Morris.
We know he left New York for Liverpool and married a widower and they settled on Wirral. They had a number of children. One being Robert Henry Morris. Who in turn had a number of children including Frank Morris. My grandfather.
As you can see by my middle name we've kept up the tradition of use of Howland.
We now have some family back in New York area and I'm currently here visiting them.
Not sure how you managed to find the address of 300 Lexington but that's useful to know. I assume that's where Mary E had her bordello.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 15