Broadway show

Posted by Matt Dangerfield 
Broadway show
November 12, 2013 02:12PM
Hi guys. There is a group of us headed for New York in the new year. One of the things we have all agreed we need to do is to see a Broadway show. I'd rather see something up beat but really just want the experience and to be able to say I have been there and done that. Can anyone advise what would be the cheapest way to get tickets. Not bothered what time or day we see a show but over here (merry old England) they do matinee shows that are usually cheaper and also do last minute tickets, so you don't get to pick the show but just to fill seats you can get them pretty cheap. Any and all help and advice greatly received.

Many thanks in advance.
Several of us are visiting NYC in early January. I want to do everything. We've got a week there and I want to do all the typical tourist things like the Statue of Liberty but I also want to go for a drink in a proper little American bar. I want to try and get as much of the cheesy tourist bits done as well as some of the more local speciality treats.
I guess the best way to sum up my question would be...
If you had friends or family visiting you in NY what would you
A) make sure they didn't miss out on at all.
and
cool smiley not bother doing with them because its not worth the time or hype etc?

Once again, any and all help, tips and advice greatly welcome.
Re: Broadway show
June 11, 2018 06:22AM
there are a lot of good options for off-broadway shows, too. I just saw one the other night called Desperate Measures, at the New World Stages (50th St between 8th and 9th Ave - same place where Avenue Q has been playing for a while). It was very good! It was a funny story that everyone can enjoy, and the theater itself is so much nicer and more comfortable than most of the Broadway theaters. There were no bad seats in the place. I'd really recommend this show. Before the show I went to a restaurant on 46th St between 8th and 9th Ave, where there are so many restaurants to choose from, called Sushi of Gari 46 - delicious. Bill about $125 for two of us.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 24