Parking at hotels or hotel on outskirts and taxi ride in and out

Posted by madpartyboy 
Hi
I am trying to find out the best way to do nyc we will be driving in from Boston and wondered if anyone could advise on a hotel with good parking we would not need the car again until we ;eave so in and out would not be needed
Or another option to book a hotel on outskirts and get a cab into the city i know public transport is a option but the wife will not use public transport in a country what is native too us (weird i know)
I am really struggling hence the post is their a district which is less congested and be less stressful driving into the city so lets say rather than staying in times square aerator example
We would not have a problem paying $30 or so too get into the city for example
Any advice would be so helpful as we leave in a week and still no closer than booking anywhere or anything
Many thanks
wow, you're going to have a bit of an inconvenience (or expense) in NYC if your wife won't take the subway. I'm sure you know that, though.
why don't you check into hotels in Long Island City, Queens - there are a lot of them, and you will be very close to the city and a cab will be about $10-15 to get into Manhattan (or literally one stop on the subway, if your wife will do it). I would not plan on using your car in Manhattan at all, you will have a very hard time driving from place to place, and walking/taking cabs really will be your best option.
Long Island City, Queens is just over the 59th St bridge from Manhattan, very, very close.
Have fun and good luck.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 12