bus from jfk airport to downtown flushing

Posted by peter 
hi, i would like to know what is the best way to go by bus
from jfk airport to downtown flushing.

i dont want to take a taxi, since taxi drivers like to take advantage of
tourists and take the long way to your destination just to get a higher fare.

Red
Re: bus from jfk airport to downtown flushing
October 04, 2005 09:33PM
That's not really the case with yellow cabs in NYC, but the trip is easy enough to do by bus. Take the AirTrain to Jamaica station, and the Q44 Limited bus from there to Flushing - that bus cuts down on the stops so it doesn't take forever.
Red
Re: bus from jfk airport to downtown flushing
October 04, 2005 09:33PM
That's not really the case with yellow cabs in NYC, but the trip is easy enough to do by bus. Take the AirTrain to Jamaica station, and the Q44 Limited bus from there to Flushing - that bus cuts down on the stops so it doesn't take forever.
thanks a lot. i've been looking at the queens bus map, and that seems to be
the best way to go.

i could also take the #3 bus from jfk to jamaica and several buses to flushing.

about how long does this take? i am flying to sfo and have a 4 hour layover in new york... hoping to get a quick bite to eat before i head out again...

i am arriving in JFK at 1pm and my flight departs at 5:20... i figure i can be out of the airport by 1:45 and have to be back at JFK at 4:20pm... so i have roughly 2.5 hours... will have i enough time?
You could take the Q11, but you dont specify where in Flushing you wish to go.

The Q44 runs from the LIRR Jamaica Station along Main Street to Northern Boulevard.

You could also, take LIRR from Jamaica to the Forest Hills station and then take the Jewel Avenue bus.

At Jamaica you have a number of alternatives:

- the Q60 (Queens Blvd.) and transfer to a number of other buses along Queens Blvd.

- subway which is below the Jamaica Station goes along Queens Blvd as well and you can transfer along the way.

Do you have a NYC subway map? Bus map? if not, you can get one from any subway station and/or call 718-330-1234
Hi there,

I would like to know the simplest route from JFK to closest point to College Point Blvd. Flushing NY - using either
- bus or subway (or combination of the two) ... Need to make a journey on a Sunday evening after 8 PM and head back
on Mon. morning (have to be at the airport by 7:30 to 8:00 AM).

How much time this trip will approximately take?
Hey whats going on everyone! Gotta question. I'm flying to JFK and was wondering if there is a subway alternative I can take that'll get me to harlem instead of a taxi?
Is there a bus that takes you from Flushing Main Street to JFK airport (or Jamaica where you can then board the Air Train). It looks like the Q44 only travels in one direction from Jamaica to Flushing.
The Q44 goes both directions, don't worry, the Q44 is the main bus between Flushing and Jamaica.
Hi

I want to take no. 7 subway at Junction Blvd to JFK airport. Carrying with some luggages, I would like to know the station to change to JFK line and how long does it takes?

Also is there any bus directly to the airport?

Thanks.
Take the #7 to 74th/Roosevelt and switch there for the E train. Take that to Jamaica for the AirTrain to the airport. Allow about an hour. There are elevators at 74th/Roosevelt and Jamaica. There is no direct bus.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 14