Where is this place is in New York! Please Help!!

Posted by jessie 
A friend of mine before she passed away sad smiley always spoke of a toy shop (white house/building toy shop) she loved to visit in New York. I remember her saying something about it being in the area of E Main St and Weona Park. Now I am new to New York and I have no idea of anything Weona Park. I am not sure if I am even spelling or saying it right. I am not sure if it is in NYC or a different city in NY state. I have no idea where to begin. For some reason, I need closure. I really need to find this place. It breaks my heart I can't. I loved her so much that I can't even begin to put it into words. Please someone help me find closure. Please help me find this place.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2013 05:26AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Where is this place is in New York! Please Help!!
December 26, 2013 05:57PM
Jessie,

Before I moved to Denver my friends mother told me all about her haydays there. She was very sick at the time and her stories of wartime Denver were fascinating. I found a book picturing many of the places Julie spoke of. I took recent photos and put them next to the old photos in the book and sent it to her. One of the things I treasure is an evening bag she used in her youth. All the more special because she died of MS and was bedridden all the time I knew her.

I did a little googling and found Wyona Street in Brooklyn, and I did see a small Main Street, but no place where they crossed. Here is the link that showed me Wyona St.
[www.brooklyn.com]

Best of luck to you on your quest
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 26