Christmas Time in the city

Posted by AlsNes 
Christmas Time in the city
October 15, 2013 04:32PM
I am bringing my two sons to NYC in Dec for christmas. they are 14 and 12 one LOVES Nintendo and the other SNL. Besides the obviouse NBC tour and Nintendo World and the Rockefeller Tree, what else should I not miss... The must see Christmas sites. I want this to be memorable as it can be. (this is their Christmas present) BTW we are taking a red eye so we have 12 hours max in the city and it will be on a Saturday. Also family friendly restaurants that wont break the bank. Keep in mind that my one son is very picky on his food so if they have chicken fingers we have a winner
Re: Christmas Time in the city
October 15, 2013 06:36PM
NBC tour and Nintendo World and the Rockefeller Tree - Of course, there is Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center, right under the tree and Rock Center is right across from St Patrick's Cathedral.

By mid-December, NYC will be all lit up, so just about every store around Rock Ctr along 5th Ave will have a holiday display.

Nearby (58th and 6th), lots of kids love the Jekyll and Hide Club (http://www.jekyllandhydeclub.com/jekyll-and-hyde-menu-dinner-kids.pdf). A bit touristy - it's a haunted house/restaurant.
On Central Park South is Mickey Mantle's restaurant - just a few blocks from the Apple Store.

There are specific holiday lights tours around the city, but I doubt they will appeal to your kids. They will likely just enjoy walking around Rock Center, Times Square and along Fifth Ave.

Melissa
NYC Insider Guide
[www.nycinsiderguide.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 10