Coming back to UWS after Afro Punk Festival in Brooklyn

Posted by Eliana 
Hi,

My son wants to attend the Afro Punk Festival on Sunday. We are visiting NYC for one week so I was reluctant to let him go by himself but now it seems he will meet some friends of friends at the Festival. My question is which would be the safest way to come back to UWS, to take the nearest subway from the Festival, i.e., York ST. station or take a taxi from the Festival to a Manhattan subway and then he rides the subway all the way to the hotel. Does he need to take his passport with him or does his University ID will do? Is the Festival safe?
I do thank you in advance for your replies/advices.

Worried Mom
Re: Coming back to UWS after Afro Punk Festival in Brooklyn
August 24, 2013 09:00PM
I don't know anything about the festival, but downtown Brooklyn is safe, and I'm sure there will be lots of people heading back to Manhattan by subway. Most of us don't have cars here, and use the subway all night safely. Don't worry.

I'd be happy to give you directions, but the UWS is a big area. Which hotel are you staying at?

I would think student ID would be good enough, but I'm not sure. I wonder if it's acceptable to carry a photocopy of a passport, leaving the original in the hotel safe. Perhaps something who knows for sure will offer guidance on this.
Thank you very much I appreciate your help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 23?
Online Users

Guests: 21