mets vs yankees

Posted by Julie James 
mets vs yankees
March 31, 2013 11:53PM
Hello New Yorkers,
I\'m making my annual trip Memorial day weekend and had a question. My friend and I are staying in Bed-Stuy (walking distance to Barclay) and are thinking about going to the Mets Vs Yankees game. I\'ve studied the map and know which trains to take (starting out on the A, C line) and was wondering if anyone had a general idea of how long that trip would take. Don\'t want to waste time getting there way too early, but don\'t want to be late, either!
If anyone can help, we\'d appreciate it.
thank you!
Julie
Re: mets vs yankees
April 01, 2013 05:29PM
Which stadium are you going to, Yankee Stadium or Citifield? By the way, I hope you\'re not staying in an illegal apt. The city has been cracking down recently, so be careful.
April 02, 2013 12:24PM
Hello again,
We will be going to Citifield..(cant believe I forgot that in my question),
thank you
Julie
April 02, 2013 06:49PM
Take the Manhattan-bound A or C to Hoyt-Schermerhorn and transfer for the Queens/Court Square-bound G. Get off at Court Square and transfer for the Willets Point-Shea Stadium-bound 7 to Citifield. The trip will take about an hour.

You can save one transfer by taking the Manhattan-bound A to 42nd St./Port Authority and transfer there for the 7. But this trip will take about 15-20 minutes more than the first route.

I hope you\\\'re staying with friends in Brooklyn. There are so many scam short-term apt. rentals! Please be careful.

By the way, Bed-Stuy isn\\\'t walking distance to the Barclay\\\'s Center. If you\\\'re actually staying near the Barclay\\\'s Center, the best subway route is to take the Manhattan-bound 4 or 5 to Grand Central, and change there for the 7 to Citi Field.
April 03, 2013 03:13AM
Thank you Oracle,
This helps so much, I usually stay on the Upper West Side when I visit, so this is new for me.. glad to have these directions beforehand.

You\'ve given me so much good advice over the years smiling smiley (since 2003!)

Should a St. Louis Cardinals fan root for the Yankees since I root against the Mets when they play the Cardinals...or should we stay with the National league team and boo the Yankees....sounds a little stupid, I know, but, don\'t know the correct MLB etiquette when you are not watching \"your\" team. So excited for this trip.
thank you,
Julie
April 04, 2013 02:10PM
Wow, 10 years! Glad I was of some help. I\'m still concerned about your accommodations, but I\'m sure you\'ve checked everything out for yourself.

Don\'t worry about which team to root for, just enjoy the game and cheer for good plays. I was at a Mets game last year with friends who were rooting for San Francisco. I swear, it seemed most of our field section was wearing orange and cheering for San Francisco. It was awful! But the hot dogs were still mighty tasty!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 20