bridge/tunnel restrictions

Posted by lm4883 
bridge/tunnel restrictions
October 10, 2006 10:46AM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a website where I can find a list of the restrictions for trucks on bridges and tunnels. The reason I ask is because I know the Holland Tunnel does not allow trucks and I ran into a problem last year when I tried to drive a UHaul through the tunnel while moving. I think there are also no trucks on the Brooklyn Bridge, is this true? I wanna plan out the best route for my move from Manhattan to Queens. I plan on just renting a UHaul again. Thanks!
Re: bridge/tunnel restrictions
October 10, 2006 02:18PM
This should help:
[www.panynj.gov]
October 12, 2006 12:29PM
Actually, I was looking more for information on the East River crossings and I didn't see that on the PA-NYNJ site. Anyone have any ideas?
October 12, 2006 01:24PM
Okay, I have been doing some more searching. I have discovered that the Brooklyn Bridge is cars only and the Queensboro (59th St.) bridge allows no trucks on the upper level. Can anyone recommend a good driving route from Battery Park City in lower Manhattan to Forest Hills, Queens? Thanks!!
April 26, 2012 01:23PM
Can I drive 10 foot uhaul thrOugh holland tunnel and over manhattan or Brooklyn bridges
April 26, 2012 03:15PM
Dont' think that's a probelm see link....[www.panynj.gov]
Hi:

I need to get back to NJ by using the Brooklyn Bridge. Does there have to be 3 people in the car?
November 24, 2012 02:36AM
The Brooklyn Bridge has a 11 foot clearance and 3 ton weight limit, but I've seen a few U-Haul trucks on it. I don't think there are any HOV restrictions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 13