Central Park Wedding

Posted by Jamie Walker 
Central Park Wedding
October 23, 2011 09:26AM
Hey everyone!

My partner and I are planning a wedding in Central Park in April 2013. We are from Ireland so need a little advice if you's dont mind. We have thought about Ladies Pavilion has anyone been/ know of a wedding here? Is it a long walk to get here? We are also in need of an marriage officant. We have heard good things about Joanna Fernades?

Its a very small wedding maybe 15 at the most. Could anyone recommand somewhere to eat afterwards thats not TOO expensive and that is pretty close to the park?

One more thing. As we have family travelling over, do you think it would be cheaper accomadation wise for them to get a hotel or for a few couples to maybe rent an apartment or something for the week?

Thanks in advance/
Re: Central Park Wedding
October 23, 2011 10:38AM
That's a long way off, so you have lots of time to plan.

The Ladies Pavillion is a wonderful location. I don't know Joanna Fernades, but I was at a lovely ceremony at the Ladies Pavillion that was officiated by Rev. Leslie, and I would highly recommend him. It was a very personalized, beautiful ceremony.

[www.revles.com]

I'm not sure I understand your question about how long a walk it is. Where are you walking from? The Ladies Pavillion is a short walk into the park from the west side. It sits on a bit of land called the Hernshead that juts into the Lake, and you have to walk around the few yards to the site, over some stones and some dirt. If the ground is wet I'd suggest wearing something other than white silk shoes, but aside from that it's not a difficult location to get to.

Here's a link to an album of Central Park photos I took last week.
[share.shutterfly.com]

Sorry there's a lot to wade through, but the Ladies Pavillion photos are 20-21 and 34, taken from a distance across the Lake, and close-ups are 27-29. Another site I like for weddings is the rustic shelter hidden in the Ramble, the wooded area north of the Lake. Those photos are 9-13.

The thing about April is that it's too early for the park to be in bloom, and you'll find a lot of bare trees. The weather is unpredictable then, too, with April being a rainy month. If there's any chance of you moving your trip to May, the park is much prettier then.

As for accommodations, the first thing to consider is that short-term apt. rentals are illegal here, so you should only be looking at hotels. You will find a lot of apt. listings on otherwise legitimate web sites, but please be careful as they aren't vetted.

There are a number of legitimate apt.-style hotels you might look at. Keep in mind that you'll only see "rack rates," that is, the highest rates, for this far out. You might phone the hotels to see what they can do for you. The Beacon would be my top pick for hotel. Big rooms, great location. The Affinia Group is also good, they have several locations. Radio City Apartments (despite its name, it's a hotel), is also popular.
October 24, 2011 02:40PM
Oracle is correct about sticking to hotels. A group of us from all over got together in June and several stayed at the Affinia Eastgate Towers. Fabulous layout! Kitchen, dining area, living room, 2 bathrooms, 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds, 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds, and a sofabed in the living room. Very spacious living room area. Here is the link that shows room layouts - [www.affinia.com]

Best wishes to you and your partner smileys with beer
November 02, 2011 03:36PM
A big hello!

Myself and my partner are hoping to get married Sept 2012 in Central Park, having a Conservatory Garden Wedding through Virgin. I was wondering what you do when it rains. Do you dash about and stand under a tree LOL.

Also, can anyone recommend a really good night out. Possibly something a bit unusual?

November 02, 2011 03:54PM
There's no indoor area at the Conservatory Garden. If rain is predicted, bring umbrellas.

Does Virgin offer a package that includes a Conservatory Garden wedding? Can you give details. Also, how many in your wedding group?
January 01, 2012 06:50AM
Was just inquiring about getting married at Bow Bridge Central Park in New York..

It would just be myself, my fiancé and my 10 year old daughter.

We live in Melbourne, Austraila.

Just wanted to know costs involved and what we have to do...

And we want it warm not very hot but sometime with no rain ??

Looking at limo (or Horse cart) from hotel to park and back...

photography / flowers are important to keep the memories....

Does anyone know who could help or where I should start looking, thanks heaps for your help.
January 25, 2012 08:08PM
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. I know many colleagues but haven't met the one you mention. However, if you know someone personally who had a good experience with her--try her. You can find a lot of information and helpful links at my website: www.artoftheceremony.com
Click on: Central Park Weddings. I do a lot of weddings at Ladies Pavilion bcause it is covered as well as being a very romantic location. It is only a short walk from Central Park West @ W. 77 St ( about 1-1-2 city blocks).
Many people traveling with wedding guests take apartments here but it's chancey, so do your research.
Best wishes,
Rev. R.M. Peluso
February 11, 2012 02:08PM
I got married in Central park on the 30th Dec 2011 smiling smiley

We live in the UK and i hired White sands weddings UK but if you want help from the wonderful new yorkers themselves then contact Ultimate USA weddings ( ask for Marissa) ~ they work with White sands and co ordinated our entire day from flowers & photographer to transport & minister. They will accompany you to city hall to apply for your liscence before the wedding and even post it to your home address after you are married if needed. They also know some great places to eat and can arrange reservations at local restaurants. Nothing is too much trouble.

We married at Belvedere castle, which is stunning anytime of the year, there was just the two of us but we managed to attract a rather large crowd smiling smiley The whole day was amazing and i would recommend it to anyone wanting a wedding in NY.

Teri x x
April 03, 2012 09:07PM
I run a small wedding planning business for people who want to get married in Central Park. have a look at my website www.wedincentralpark.com and drop me a mail if you like, I will give advice for free![www.wedincentralpark.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 05:46AM by askanewyorker.
Those are all excellent locations for Central Park weddings! Ladies Pavilion is a good option for a smaller group that provides cover from rain. Like Oracle said, the Conservatory Garden does not offer shelter from rain, but a wedding party with umbrellas makes for very unique photos. For Bow Bridge, I would suggest a wedding during the weekday as there will be less of a crowd.

Late September/early October is a good time of year with less chance of rain with fairly warm weather. Also, the fall colors in the park will be beautiful.

Our company offers a variety of Central Park wedding packages that include photography, flowers and musicians. We can also work with you to arrange transportation and restaurant reservations.

Cheers!
November 17, 2012 01:13AM
Indeed Central Park have several locations for weddings, the more famous locations are The Ladies Pavillion, The Bow Bridge, Cherry Hills, The Bethesda Fountain,The Shakespeare Gardens, The Belvedere Castle, The Loeb Boathouse Restaurant, The Tavern on the Green(Summer 2013).
All these places have a beautiful setting for any wedding, You choose your favorite place and we can help you with the transport. We provide the best Eco-Transport inside the Park, Pedicab Rickshaws.
www.centralparkrickshaws.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 12