Howard Tullman past New Yorker of the Month

Posted by askanewyorker 
November 01, 2012 07:19AM
Ask a New Yorker: I’m with Howard Tullman at the Greenwich Hotel. I first heard about Howard after reading an interview in Inc. Magazine - “The Most Accomplished Best Connected Entrepreneur You’ve Never Heard Of”

Ask a New Yorker: This is a beautiful hotel. I was sitting in the back room which is exquisite, heavenly. I felt like Robert De Niro himself might just waltz through.
Robert De Niro owns the Greenwich Hotel.

[www.askanewyorker.com]

WHY IS “FOR-PROFIT” SUCH A BAD WORD IN EDUCATION?

Call me crazy, but I thought making a profit was one of the most important things that a good business needed to do. Just because you run a business doesn’t mean that you’re entitled to make a profit. You’ve actually got to earn it. Making a profit is how you stay in business and keep your employees and their families fed and it’s how the marketplace ultimately tells you that you’re doing the right things. Customers pay you a profit because you provide a product or a service of real value to them that’s worth paying for. Or at least that’s the way the world should work. And, maybe most importantly, focusing on profitability helps to make sure that you keep your business and your offerings truly competitive

[www.builtinchicago.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 08:26AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 15?
Online Users

Guests: 6