best creative date in ny

Posted by joe 
joe
best creative date in ny
January 08, 2004 09:26PM
so what are your favorite unusual, romantic things to do on a date in new york. not like a $300 date - but like something you would just do any old weekend. the more unusual the better!
Betty
Re: best creative date in ny
January 09, 2004 09:45AM
Depends on the weather, since I like to be outside. My favorite is simply picnicking in Central Park. How about, if you're talking winter, ice skating in the park. Or, if you're lucky enough to have fresh snow, pick up your date with a sled on your shoulder and a thermos of hot cocoa under your arm.

A couple of years ago I had a friend take me -- on a frigid February day -- on a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge, a walk through the Heights, and to a square dance in a Brooklyn Heights church basement! It was one of the most fun things ever.
January 09, 2004 10:31AM
A day of antiqueing with a nice lunch in between. Especially in Winter. Lots of fun poking through stuff on a cold day. Reminds me of poking through Grandma's trunk on a cold days when we could not go out. Betty, I have not square danced in years. I bet it was exhilerating.
joe
January 11, 2004 01:28AM
thanks you two - the brooklyn bridge is one of my favorite dates in the world - i like it just as much alone too ; )
January 11, 2004 01:33AM
i'm interested - good winter dates? it's freeeeeeezing right now! apart from going to museums or restaurants, are there any other kind of offbeat things to do indoors?
Marybeth
January 11, 2004 08:55AM
there's this one cafe in the village which is pretty "romantic" and cozy and a good place for a date, I think, esp. when it is so cold out (there's a nice fireplace).
La Lanterna di Vittorio (the fireside cafe) at 129 MacDougal St (just south of washington square park).
Here are some highlights of a review I read about it:
"the ideal place to feed each other italian ricotta cheesecake or tartufo...and while away the afternoon. There are two working fireplaces, one upstairs and one downstairs....desserts, coffees and teas, 20 flavors of frozen granita dominate the menu...a fine selection of italian-style sandwiches, soups, salads as well.....very conducive to romantic feelings....

Sounds good, right?!
JP
January 11, 2004 11:08AM
In this weather? Go buy Twister and a bottle of wine. And after that get the body paints out
j
January 11, 2004 02:20PM
I went to SOB on a winter day- boy, did we get warm after shaking that thing off to awesome Brazilian beat and watching others do it so well? hehe. Ok, so not so romantic but it was fun with friends to do on a winter night...
Kelly
January 11, 2004 03:41PM
SOB....the uberchic this month likes that place too
March 30, 2009 09:58PM
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 01:43PM by askanewyorker.
My friend/potential girlfriend is in school studying criminal psychology and that's all she's interested in. Can anyone suggest somewhere she might like to go in the daytime?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 16