Restaurants in Greenwich Village

Posted by Kerry Deakin 
My partner and I will be in Manhattan in September and are looking for a typical neighbourhood restaurant in the Village area. Travel books have plenty of ideas, but looking for local knowledge of a cosy spot with great food where we can mix with the locals and enjoy the local ambience. Lunch or evening meal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 07:53AM by (n/a).
Re: Restaurants in Greenwich Village
July 30, 2010 12:25PM
I love Las Ramblas on 4th Street, just off 6th Ave. Also Sushi Samba. check out Village Underground on 3rd St, on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday they have a great live band.
Thanks Marea... will check them out
August 03, 2010 06:38AM
We love Arturo's.Thompson St is a lively street to walk down starting at Washington Sqaure Park. Funny story we were eating there a few weeks ago sidewalk seating and in walks Kevin James. My wife says,"oh there's that guy from Queens" King of Queens... Next in walks David Spade,'"There's Spade" Who could be next...Adam Sandler. My wife texts her sister. Sister responds, "cool but I'd really be impressed if Chris Rock walks in" Next Chris Rock walks insmiling smiley I guess they were hanging due to their filming of the movie 'Grown Ups' Fun atmoshere local hangout....

[www.urbanspoon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2010 06:47AM by askanewyorker.
July 16, 2012 05:52AM
Cornelia Street Cafe would be a good spot too.
It's a cute little place on a cute street in the village. You can sit outdoors (in front) if the weather is nice, or else there is plenty of room inside. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. My husband and I had dinner there the other night and the bill was about $110 before tip. Two appetizers (recommend the hummus plate, it was really good) and two entrees (duck and braised beef short ribs both yummy), one dessert, two glasses of wine and cokes. I'd recommend it.
[corneliastreetcafe.com]
29 Cornelia Street
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 17