Gospel Service

Posted by Giulia_TheCity 
Gospel Service
July 13, 2012 09:48AM
Hello,

I'm planning to attend a Sunday Gospel service wen i'll be in Ny in 3 weeks. I was looking for something not too much touristy.

I saw a couple of churches, the church of St. Charles Borromeo and Mount Zion Baptist Church. They both have services early in the morning at 8am and 7.30am and i was hoping, given the early hour, to find less tourist people but then the doubt: will the gospel choir be there for the early service or they just do the one later at 11 or 11.30am?
Re: Gospel Service
July 13, 2012 11:15AM
Many churches separate the large groups of tourists so they don't interfere with the religious services. But tourists arrive by the busload, so arrangements are made to sit them in separate sections, usually up in the balcony. And some smaller churches are not welcoming to tourists at all.

However, the Brooklyn Tabernacle does welcome visitors, and it's easy to get to by subway. Note that the choir does not perform at every service. According to their Choir FAQ page, "The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir rotates scheduling with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Singers. The Choir usually ministers at the 9:00AM and 12:00PM with the Singers ministering at 3:00PM or the Singers will minister at 9:00AM and the Choir will minister 12:00PM and 3:00PM services." So you might want to phone them the day before to see when the choir will perform.

[www.brooklyntabernacle.org]
Re: Gospel Service
July 13, 2012 11:52AM
Thank you, but i asked about the other 2.

I know about the BTC but they perform ar 3pm and i have to leave for the aitport at that time so i was hoping to find a church with a choir early in the morning
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 5