Canal street

Posted by mrvica 
mrvica
Canal street
June 21, 2004 01:48PM
Which part of Canal Street is the most interest for tourists?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 06:08PM by askanewyorker.
Re: Canal street
June 21, 2004 02:17PM
All of it
Red
June 21, 2004 02:39PM
I'd say the blocks between Bowery and Broadway.
Krissi
June 21, 2004 03:23PM
Parts of it are very shopping oriented. Lots of fake brand name bags and jewelry, toys, you can even boy little turtles and things (illegally, i think) but its a really cute place to shop in. Other parts are interesting due to the architecture and Chinese culture in the neighborhood. I'd say stay east of Broadway on Canal Steet and you are in an interesting area.
June 21, 2004 03:32PM
Most of the fake bags are west of Broadway.
Red
June 21, 2004 06:36PM
No they're not, they're between Broadway and Mott Street, aren't they?

West of Broadway is Pearl Paint and the plastics/lighting/foam rubber stores.
June 21, 2004 10:25PM
yes those stores are there but that is also where most of the "fake" bag stores are as well, although there have been lots of raids there recently so things are are a bit restricted. I have spent a lot of time there in recent times because of friends staying from Oz who wanted to buy fake bags. Mostly we had to go there a few times before finding any because of the raids, even saw plain clothes detectives with a guy in handcuffs one day. Very exciting!!
Dee
June 22, 2004 07:48AM
How much would you expect to pay for a bag .... are the "good" fake bags ?
June 22, 2004 08:27AM
$20.00 to $45.00 depending on the size and the vendor. Some of the fakes, particularly the Louis Vuitton are a bit ordinary but others like Burberry and Fendi are quite good.
ace
March 09, 2008 07:49AM
hi,
I'm going to canal street next weekend. can you tell me where I can buy buy some women's pair of boots?(thigh boots and chap boots flat heels for my girl friend) thank you.
March 12, 2008 01:20PM
I love Canal ST. I always wanted a Chanel bag but when I saw that the real bag is more than $1,000, I gave up hope of ever owning one. Then I found out about Canal St. To me, when I first went there it was like reaching the gold mine. I was so happy when I went into a shop that had so many Chanel, Gucci, Coach, and Dooney and Burke bags. They look so real. My Chanel bag is only $28. It's awesome. I love it. I even got Chanel and Dior sunglasses both for $18. They look real. Next I want to get one of the new Louis Vuitton bags and a gucci bag. I'm so happy I found out about. Now I'm going have all designer things without spending an arm and a leg! smiling smiley
March 24, 2008 02:53PM
I am going to NY to visit my grandmother from 4/3/08 through 4/6/08 and I want to go back to canal street shopping. I was there 2/3/08 shopping some, but I did not see the Chanel and Gucci bags. Can you tell me the name of the store so I can visit and get some of the goodies. It is really hard when you are from out of town. The last time I bought 6 bags (3 Coach and 3 D&G) and I love it. I don't want to have to walk and walk and walk never to find what I am looking for. I have heard that you can get some really great deals in the "secret" compartments of stores or back rooms. Thanks for the information.
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 9