wheelchair

Posted by alison 
wheelchair
July 08, 2012 06:26AM
Hi, My Family and I will be visiting the city in December, although me and my husband have been visiting for the last 8 years, this year we will be with my parents, my mother will be in a wheelchair, althogh she can walk, so will be able to get out of it,smiling smiley (she has breathing problems)sad smiley so cant walk very far,
My Question is..... when going out to eat will most places store the wheelchair folded up untill we leave??

Many Thanks
Ali smiling bouncing smiley
Re: wheelchair
July 08, 2012 09:12AM
Some places might be able to store the chair, but I wouldn't count on it. Space is very tight, and typical storage areas (cloak rooms) won't accommodate a wheelchair. However, most (not all!) restaurants are wheelchair accessible, so she'd be able to sit in the chair during dinner.

You should contact the restaurant (or theater, or any venue) ahead of time to ask whether they can accommodate you, and see if they have space to store the wheelchair.

This accessibility guide might be of help:

[www.nycgo.com]
Re: wheelchair
July 09, 2012 02:39AM
Thank You!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Alison.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 5