Ask a New York Travel Planner

Posted by askanewyorker 
Ask a New York Travel Planner
September 06, 2011 05:05PM
Why Book with New York Guest?
Because 100,000 Visitors a year trust us to give them great, timely and smart advice!
Every year over 100,000 visitors turn to New York Guest for advice, recommendations and reservations on the best way to enjoy a New York vacation and stay. That's nearly 1 million happy and satisfied customers since 2002!

Visitors and guests come to New York Guest because we offer great, practical advice from a local perspective. Our New York experts, who live and work right in the city, help visitors plan and select the best places to stay, the best overall value hotels, wonderful tours and sightseeing plans (**special discounts just for our clients), perfect tickets to Broadway shows and sporting events, places for lunch and dinner that only locals know about and a full range of airport transfer options. If you're travelling with a family or part of a group, we have a separate department just for you. Corporate event and meeting are also a specialty we excel at for our clients.

New York Guest has its headquarters in the heart of Manhattan - blocks for Times Square, the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Broadway Theatre district and Rockefeller Center and NBC as well .

Unlike the big OTAs (online travel agents), we have a staff that lives and breathes the city every day. When we make a suggestion, we know what we are talking about because every one of the staff has been to the hotels, restaurants and sights; been on the tours and walked the city day after day. Our knowledge and expertise mean you will get great advice and will never be surprised or disappointed.

We know the hotels to recommend (and the ones to avoid). We know the best Broadway shows and have low cost ticket options. We have the most popular tours (many at unannounced discounts) as well as several exclusive sightseeing trips. We recommend real New York restaurant dining experiences at all price ranges rather then food factories or uninspired chain establishments.

And we offer something else: a real, warm and friendly experience with a 100% guarantee of satisfaction. We have an impeccable record for excellent customer service, are members of many important travel and tour organizations and are known for going the extra mile to help visitors have great experiences in NYC. We are also known because every day, we meet and exceed every expectation; always with a smile and thank you.

When you choose New York Guest, you're more than a client; you're part of our family.

[www.newyorkguest.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 05:07PM by askanewyorker.
We are coming to New York in March next year. Just my wife and I.
We want to know the easiest route from JFK to West 31st Street (Hearld Sq. Hotel) by train. What is the nearest subway stop for that location?

Many thanks for your help.

Dave
Hi there,

If you want to take public transportation, you'll need to take the AirTrain from JFK to the A subway stop and take that towards Manhattan. You can take that train straight to the hotel - just get off at the 34th street stop and you'll be a few blocks away. The cost will be $7.50 per person - $5 for the airtrain and $2.50 for the subway.

Best,

Louise Geller
www.newyorkguest.com
lgeller@newyorkguest.com
Re: Ask a New York Travel Planner
November 13, 2011 02:07PM
Myself and my 15 year old son are planning to visit NY Easter 2012, we are from the UK. It is our 2nd visit to this spectacular city so we have had a 'flavour' of NY, where would you recomend we stayed for our 2nd visit?........maybe not in Times Square as last time, although great location its obviously geared for tourists.
Many thanks
Catherine and Danny
Hi Catherine and Danny! Great question. How about Soho or the Lower East Side? Still easy access to all of the city but definitely less touristy and more real New York. Another awesome place to stay is downtown Brooklyn - it's a real "neighborhood." There's a great hotel called the Nu Hotel on Smith street in Brooklyn. It's just a few blocks from the subway into Manhattan but also steps from Cobble Hill, one of the best neighborhoods in Brooklyn for restaurants, shopping, bars and lovely evening strolls.

If you need any help booking, please feel free to e-mail me at lgeller@newyorkguest.com!

Best,

Louise Geller
www.newyorkguest.com
November 29, 2011 05:22PM
Hi Catherine & Danny. Check out NabeWise. You'll get profiles of all NYC neighborhoods, and you can match yourself to the best neighborhood to stay in based on your personal preferences using the NabeFinder tool.

Hope this helps.
Diana
Hello!

Sorry for the short notice here but, A friend and I are from Australia and decided to make a spur of he moment to NYC this upcoming week before x mas. We are backpacking and running low on funds and would love so much to visit NYC and stay in the Brooklyn area. We have been couch surfing at most places here in the states and met the most wonderful people ever thus far. I was wondering if you had any recommendations on cost efficient places to reside for a few days in or near Brooklyn?

Many Thanks from down Under!
December 15, 2011 11:51AM
Hi, me and my family are going to NYC, We have gone 2 times before and we have gone to China town, empire state, time square, rockerfeller, statue of liberty and part of central park(until the ice skating ring) I was wondering if you can recommend us places that are not typical, and also places to go in brooklyn. Also we maybe want to spend new years eve but we dont want to do it in times square(too cold and too crowded) is there a different family plans in NYC for spending NYE?
Thank you
December 19, 2011 11:46AM
Hi Daniela,

Yes! We love Brooklyn and there are so many places to stay there. A favorite of mine is the Nu Hotel, which is very close to Carroll Gardens and Cobble Hill, a great area of Brooklyn that is family friendly and has awesome restaurants. There is a fantastic food tour of that area as well that I would definitely recommend. In Brooklyn there is also the Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Prospect Park Zoo and BAM. I recommend you check all of them out!

If you're looking for a family-friendly New Year's Eve event then check out some of the Harbor Cruises - they are significantly more mellow than the Times Square events and there are fireworks you can see as well! Here's one I like: [newyorkguest.snaptickets.com]

If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me at lgeller@newyorkguest.com
May 30, 2012 07:23AM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 17