NY Outer Boroughs - What to see & do??

Posted by Lulu 
Lulu
NY Outer Boroughs - What to see & do??
April 21, 2008 04:23AM
Hi, my g/friends and I are planning a 10 day visit to NYC. We will be based in downtown Manhattan. On our last trip to NYC in 1999 we stayed in Manhatten and did the normal touristy stuff however on this trip we want to be a little more 'adventurous'and venture to the outer boroughs. So far we have decided to spend a day in Brooklyn & a day in Queens. In Queens we would try Sripraphai and in Brooklyn DiFara's and indulge in Steve's Authentic Lime Pie (we hear Steve's are the best!?).

Apart from our tastebuds being taken care of we really don't have any idea what to see and do in Brooklyn & Queens. Would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Sripraphai is a good destination...I live two subway stops away and I go there sometimes, it's yummy (closed on Wednesday, just so you know).

For Brooklyn, you could go to the brooklyn botanical gardens if it's nice out...you will enjoy it. The brooklyn museum is right next door. Or, you could go to Williamsburg and check that out...take the L train to the first stop in Brooklyn, Bedford Ave...get out at N. 7th St. Lots of cool little shops and restaurants and bars and rock clubs, etc. If you want more info just post again and I can get more detailed.
Or, go to Brookklyn Heights and walk along Montague St to the promenade to see the whole skyline and get some good pictures. Take the R train to court street. Walk down under the brooklyn bridge at get pizza at grimaldi's.

Check out also [www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2008 06:07AM by (n/a).
Lulu
Re: NY Outer Boroughs - What to see & do??
April 21, 2008 06:54AM
Hi, thanks for your reply. Your Brooklyn suggestions sound perfect - could we do all of that in one day or would it be a bit much? I see you suggest Grimaldis for pizza......My shortlist was Grimaldi's, Lucali & DiFara with the gong going to Di Fara.

My G/Friends and i love good authentic Thai and I have noticed on a few boards Sripraphai has been voted the best. As much as we would like to give Sripraphai a try (note, not open Wednesday smiling smiley we don't want to go to Queens just for that, we would like to make a day of it. So any suggestions you have for things to see & do in Queens is much appreciated.

Cheers.
April 21, 2008 08:02AM
One of my favorites from Red

[www.askanewyorker.com]
And here's another informative thread. Exploring the Outer Boroughs

[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2008 08:05AM by askanewyorker.
May 29, 2012 12:58PM
I can't believe I've lived here for 14 years and did not go to the New York Botanical Gardens in the bronx until yesterday! what a great place to visit...right now they have a special exhibit where they replicate Monet's gardens and it was really beautiful, but the whole grounds are very very nice. the place is huge. It's the perfect place to go on a beautiful summer day. You can take the metro north railroad from grand central and end up right there, or the subway is just a short walk away.
[www.nybg.org]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 11