It´s Harlem a safe area?

Posted by acorunadune 
It´s Harlem a safe area?
May 05, 2012 04:00PM
Is Harlem 160 Street a safe area at night? I´m travelling to NYC on august and the hotel is in this area. Should I change the reservation and search for a hotel in the MiddleTown? Thank´s for your answers.
Re: It´s Harlem a safe area?
May 05, 2012 08:59PM
It is not an area I would choose as a tourist. I would prefer to stay closer to midtown, or in a residential area like the upper west side, where the streets are lined with local shops and cafes.

Also, I don't know of any hotel that is on 160th Street. Do you have a name or a link?

Apartment rentals for fewer than 30 days are in most cases illegal, so you need to be careful. More important for you is that there are many scam apartment rentals. Whatever you do, do not wire money to anyone.
May 06, 2012 01:37PM
Thank´s for your answer Oracle and the new york citizens, the name of the hotel I´ll stay on August is MICHAELNY (Sylvan Terrace Street "nearby 160 street") and Here is a link: [michaelny.com]
I would be very grateful is someone could give to me information about the area where this hotel is located.

Thank´s
May 06, 2012 08:15PM
I only know that neighborhood during the day, I don't know how it is coming home late at night. Regardless, I don't think it's a good base for touring NYC's attractions.

As I said, I would recommend staying in a neighborhood with lots of local shops and restaurants that are open late. That's why I particularly like the upper west side, where you're comfortable strolling at any time of the day or night.

Do you have exact dates and a budget in U.S. dollars?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 13