Getting Married in Manhatten- Small Reception venue/ Resturant

Posted by rqnan 
Getting Married in Manhatten- Small Reception venue/ Resturant
April 22, 2012 05:24AM
Hello!
My Fiancée and my self are coming over from Ireland in May next year to get married in New York. We have our church booked, but we are struggling in trying to find a reception venue.
There is so much choice in Manhattan we would really appreciate any recommendations at all!
The wedding party would be 13 - 17 people people in total, Although we would like a fairly private section in a restaurant, I don't think a private room is needed.
What would be most important would be a really good atmosphere, excellent service and food, and ideally a place for us to stay well into the night!

I was hoping I could get recommendations because there is such a large choice, and it is hard to gauge atmosphere from online reviews!

Thank you very much in advance!
Ronan
Re: Getting Married in Manhatten- Small Reception venue/ Resturant
April 22, 2012 05:30AM
Ronan,
Your right many restaurants to choose from. What type pf food are you interested in? Italian, Steak, Japenese, Mexican etc...the idea with a party this size lots of restaurants will be able to accomandate you.
April 22, 2012 06:13AM
Hi,
To be honest, the type of food is not hugly important. My future wife smiling smiley will be in a wedding dress, so an elegant atmosphere would be more important too us.
Some of my in-laws are coeliac so menus which offer gluten-free options would be great. I think American, French or Contemporary food would be preferred, but I think it is the atmosphere and service which would be most important!
April 28, 2012 03:53AM
Hi,
I just wanted to bump this as I have no responses as yet. We were looking at the 11 madison park- [elevenmadisonpark.com] would anyone be able to tell me if it is a nice as it looks!
Thank you,
Ronan
April 29, 2012 06:04AM
excellent choice!
very good....for an alternative (although I think you're spot on) try Craft, just north of union square.
April 29, 2012 06:14AM
just another thought, there is a really cool room that would suit at Buddakan on ninth ave. not as nice as eleven madison park, but just as another option.
here is a pic:
[maps.google.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 21