Relocating to Brooklyn and need advice

Posted by Paddy Whack 
Relocating to Brooklyn and need advice
January 14, 2007 04:47PM
Hi

Myself and my family-wife and 16 month old boy are relocating to Brooklyn in a couple of months

Can you advise a family friendly area to live ( I will be working in midtown)

My base annual salary is 120k and we need a three bedroom apartment/ house

We are planning to rent
carroll gardens, cobble hill, park slope, kensington, windsor terrace, brooklyn heights, greenpoint, williamsburg....I'm sure there are many more.
Re: Relocating to Brooklyn and need advice
January 14, 2007 05:29PM
What about Bushwick and Bedford-Stuyvesant ?
Those are still "improving" areas that you need to look at with extreme caution. You could be in a building where drug-related shoot-em-ups are regular, or on a row of lovely townhouses in the process of being renovated by the black middle class. NOT for people who don't know the area and can't do a very hands-on shopping experience to make sure they're not getting stuck with one of the many remaining sinkholes around there.

Jay's list is good.
Bayridge, Brooklyn is a great and very friendly family area with a lot of recreation. The only problem is the 45 minutes to mid-town commute. Rates are very affordable for New York and the area is wonderful, but the commute is about 15 minutes too long for me.
Looking to relocate to Brooklyn at the end of this year for a new job. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about finding an apartment? In addition any suggestions on neighborhoods to look at would greatly help too.

Thanks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 10