Money saved up, can I move to Brooklyn or Queens?

Posted by dvfoster983 
Money saved up, can I move to Brooklyn or Queens?
March 28, 2012 11:00AM
I would like to move to Brooklyn or Queens around fall of 2012. I would love to live in Manhattan, but hey, it's too expensive. I wont set myself up go broke in 2 days. I am 28, single, no children. I have begun a strict budget for myself. I m currently living with my sister in KY, make a comfortable salary and am able to save. I lived in Chicago for 5 years but moved here recently to save up for a better future.

March 29, 2012 05:52AM
well, you don't really say how much you've saved up, but I'm sure you can find something affordable in a decent area of brooklyn or queens. Do you know which areas you'd like to live in?
You'll probably need to come up with at least two months rent and possibly a broker's fee of about 12% of a year's rent - that is, if you go on and get your own place. Otherwise, you could probably find a sublet or a share of some kind to start out with. good luck.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 5