Apple Store at Grand Central

Posted by askanewyorker 
Apple Store at Grand Central
March 04, 2011 12:19PM
Apple on Track for Huge Store in New York’s Grand Central Terminal

[www.wired.com]#

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 06:00AM by askanewyorker.
Oracle?
Re: Apple at Grand Central
March 04, 2011 04:33PM
I read about that. I think Apple is too big a commercial presence for Grand Central. The place is crowded enough already. It was nice to be "above the fray" at Metrazur, and I'm sorry to see it go. When Grand Central was restored, all the commercial signage was removed from the main concourse. Looks like they're turning back the clock, allowing the clutter to take over the grand space again.
March 05, 2011 12:40AM
Without wishing to start an arguement, but whilst you're right about Apple being to big, surely it will bting more business to the area, and othe rbusinesses around will surely thrive from their presence?
March 05, 2011 08:59AM
I really liked metrazur as well, think apple will be too big, agree with oracle.
May 23, 2011 05:59AM
Just heard on the Today Show that this is moving forward....
Re: Apple Store at Grand Central
July 27, 2011 05:24AM
Apple is set to be the latest tenant in yet another international landmark.

CNN reports that Apple has submitted plans to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board for a new store in New York's Grand Central Terminal. Pending approval later this week, Apple can begin work on a retail spot there, making it the company's fifth store in the city and potentially one of its largest overall.

The space, which The Wall Street Journal reports Apple will rent for $1.1 million a year, is more than 23,000 square feet and stretches between two balconies. By comparison, Apple's Regent Street store in London is 25,000 square feet, 22,000 square feet of which is accessible to the public. The next-largest store, according to Apple retail tracking site Ifoapplestore, is Covent Garden with 16,372 square feet of public-facing retail space.

Read more: [news.cnet.com]

[news.cnet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 05:26AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Apple Store at Grand Central
December 08, 2011 05:09PM
The 23,000-square-foot store opens Friday. It's one of the world's largest Apple retail venues, with more than 300 employees, and the fifth Apple store in New York City.

Read more: [www.greenwichtime.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 05:10PM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 7