Very good Italian restaurant

Posted by warren 
Very good Italian restaurant
July 12, 2008 12:30PM
I will be in New York during restaurant week last week in July. Staying at 40 W. 45 street. Need very good Italian restaurant that might be participating in the program for $35 dinners. Will be going early then to Broadway show. Maybe a few other restaurants that should not be missed. Been to Gramercy Tavern, Patsy and Tavern on the Green. How is Messa Grill? Worth it or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 04:21PM by askanewyorker.
Oracle?
Re: good Italian restaurant
July 12, 2008 04:14PM
I'm not a big fan of restaurant week. Every time I've gone I've been disappointed in the limited menus available, and when I order off the special menu, it's not such a bargain.

I also don't even know what restaurants are participating, but I can give you my favorites in the area. One of the more remarkable Italian meals I've had that's walkable to the theater district (10-15 minutes) is at Alto.

Other Italians I like in the area are ViceVersa, Abboccato, Piano Due, Orso. I hear good things about Insieme, but haven't been yet.

If you're just looking for a nice Italian in the area pre theater, here are a few: Bond 45, Maria Pia, Osteria al Doge, Trattoria Dell'Arte.

Have a look at menupages.com for reviews and to see sample menus.

I'm not a fan of Mesa Grill. You might enjoy Bobby Flay's Bar Americain, which is also walkable to the theater district.
Oth
August 01, 2008 06:41AM
The new hot list.

[www.observer.com]
Oracle?
August 02, 2008 09:48AM
Nice list. Thanks Kennedy.
August 05, 2008 04:21PM
Just was told about Palma.The source was from Todd [www.foodsofny.com] he should knowsmiling smiley Great reviews. Can't wait to go.
[www.palmanyc.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 05:01PM by askanewyorker.
Re: Very good Italian restaurant
August 05, 2008 05:22PM
Mmmm, Kennedy great menu at Palma. I want the baked french toast please.
November 06, 2011 08:22AM
bianca is a great little italian restaurant, very reasonable prices and tasty food.
[biancanyc.com]
bianca at 5 bleecker st near bowery
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 17