Getting Married in New York

Posted by Chris Watkins 
Getting Married in New York
October 04, 2011 03:25AM
Hi Guys
My partner Paul and I are coming back to New York (from England) in May next year for a holiday. We are also thinking about getting married as well. I read that the Manhattan City Hall has had a $12m makeover, and has moved to another 1920's building. We've both been married before so are not looking for a fancy or expensive venue. We both love the Art Deco period and thought it would be good to get married at the City Hall. Has anyone any experience getting married here? Would it be a great or awful experience? Any advice, info or tips would be much appreciated. Love to hear from you, can't wait to come back! Regards, Chris x
Oracle?
Re: Getting Married in New York
October 04, 2011 08:16AM
Congratulations! I can't answer whether it would be a great or an awful experience, but I can't imagine how it would be awful if you're marrying the person you love. I'm sure you'll hear from Kennedy and Kelly, who got married in Brooklyn's Borough Hall.

You can also have an officiant marry you anywhere in the city. I was at a wedding officiated at by Rev. Leslie, and thought he made the event something very special, I'd highly recommend him. Central Park is enormously popular, for good reason. You only need a permit if your group is more than 20 people, or if you use the Conservatory Garden. I've seen lovely small weddings at the Ladies Pavillion, and saw a gorgeous wedding at the little rustic shelter at Wagner Cove.

Here's the info on Central Park weddings:
[www.centralparknyc.org]

And here's Rev. Leslie's site:
[www.revles.com]
Hi Oracle
Thank you for your reply and the links which I will be checking out. I have seen Kennedy's posts, he seems like a really nice guy. Thanks again, Regards Chris
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 21