Staying in New Jersey Versus By LaGuardia Airport When Visiting Manhattan

Posted by Debbie Moran 
I am traveling with a party of 4 to Manhattan. We are landing at Laguardia Airport. We currently have hotel reservations in Secaucus, New Jersey at the Embassy Suites, but I am concerned on getting back and forth to the airport on the day of arrival and departure. I can change my hotel reservations to a hotel near Laguardia, but don't know if the cost and time would be better. I can catch a bus right in front of the Embassy Suites to Times square for $8.00 round trip per person per day. I can buy an ulimited Metro Card for $29 per person for the whole 7 days (I think) and go back and forth to the hotel by bus and subway, But will that take a lot longer. The guy at Embassy Suites says it only takes about 20 minutes from the bus in New Jersey??? HELP!
Re: Staying in New Jersey Versus By LaGuardia Airport When Visiting Manhattan
September 12, 2011 03:16PM
Metrocards do NOT work on NJ Transit buses which is what you need to get to the Embassy Suites in Secaucus.

The subway doesn't go out to NJ.

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
It's a terrible idea to stay in Secaucus, especially if you're flying into LGA. There are a number of well reviewed budget hotels in Long Island City. LIC is not a separate city, it's a neighborhood in Queens just across the river from Manhattan. Very convenient to LGA, and a five-minute subway ride into midtown Manhattan.

Have a look at the Verve, and Country Inn & Suites. There are reviews on tripadvisor.

The only reason to ever stay at an airport hotel is if you arrive late at night, and fly back out early the next morning.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 5