FYI - MetroCard

Posted by VA Beltway 
FYI - MetroCard
September 05, 2011 09:22PM
NYC Subway fare is not based on distance. One fare for the Times Square shuttle or from the Bronx to the Rockaways.

Each passenger DO NOT have to have a card. Four people can ride with one card with the four transfer privilege on the card.

If you plan to buy each passenger a MetroCard (for some reason) transactions with the same credit/debit are limited to TWO. To buy a third card, you will need to use a different credit/debit card.

The reason I am bring this up, I saw a family of five buying five MetroCard. All I can say is if you listen to me, you would not have left the station pissed off.
Re: FYI - MetroCard
September 06, 2011 08:22AM
Each passenger DO NOT have to have a card. Four people can ride with one card with the four transfer privilege on the card.

That is only if you have the Pay-Per-Ride Metrocard.
Some visitors try to save money with the Unlimited Ride Metrocard thinking everyone can use the same card. Not so.

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
September 10, 2011 10:02PM
Did the MTA changed that? I use to ride with my family of five. After the fourth swap, I ask the railroad clerk to void the four transfer so I can get on. Later I got smart and brought a second 10 trip card.
September 11, 2011 04:46PM
I think you are confused about which card you had.

[www.mta.info]

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 32