riding the subway/rats

Posted by Dean 
riding the subway/rats
September 09, 2011 11:43PM
Hello. We are visiting NYC the weekend of September 17th. We want to take the subway from Times Square up to Sylvia's in Harlem on Saturday afternoon. The issue: both of us are fairly wary of rats, and I just read about the rat biting the woman at the Brooklyn Bridge terminal. How likely are we to be around rats if we take the subway up to Sylvia's? Also, what routes would we take from around 42d street up to 125th street via the bus system instead of the subway? Thank you very much in advance.
Oracle?
Re: riding the subway/rats
September 10, 2011 12:00PM
I saw that story too this morning. It only made the news because it's so rare. I've lived here all my life, and this is the first time I heard about a rat biting someone in a subway station. It's very rare to even see them on the platform.

By direct bus, you can either walk east to Madison Ave. and get the Uptown M1 or M2 to 125th St. (The M2 Limited is the fastest.), or walk over to Sixth Ave. and get the Uptown M7.

Really, though, the subway is the best and quickest way up to Sylvia's. From Times Square, take the Uptown 2 or 3 to 125th St.

(Sylvia's fried chicken is amazing!)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 7