Cab Fare to and from Secaucus NJ to Con Edison HQ/Manhattan

Posted by Fred Moore 
I am planning to attend a one-day seminar hosted at the Con Edison HQ in Manhattan. But because I'm on a budget, I'm planning to stay in a hotel outside the city, in Secaucus, NJ. Can I get a cab there to take me into the city -- and what would it cost in the morning and then in the late afternoon going back to Secaucus?

Thanks.
So you want to save money and stay in Secaucus, yet you want to take a cab twice a day and you think it will cost you less than an inexpensive room in Manhattan? this is the silliest thing I've read in a while. No wonder Con Ed is charging so much - it's employing dummies like you. Stay in Manhattan. Stop the nonsense.
I would pass on Secaucus, there are no rail links (that I know of), so you'd be commuting by bus, not very convenient. Have a look at the Jersey City hotels, many connect easily to the PATH line, a rail link that connects to Manhattan. I believe the PATH fare is $1.75, so it's very doable and cheaper than staying at a comparable Manhattan hotel.

You want to look for the PATH connection that takes you to 14th Street in Manhattan. You can either walk from there over to Con Ed, or pick up the L subway line one stop to Union Square. (I'm assuming the Con Ed location you want is at 14th St. and Third Ave.)

You could also try bidding on a Manhattan hotel on priceline. But don't do it without first reading through the advice on betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com.
Re: Cab Fare to and from Secaucus NJ to Con Edison HQ/Manhattan
July 16, 2011 06:14PM
There is NO set cab fare from NYC to Secaucus or from Secaucus to NYC.

You'd have to arrange for the cab ride from Secaucus yourself. On the return, you'll need to find a driver willing to take you to Secaucus and then agree on the fare beforehand; it won't be on meter.

Depending on which hotel in Secuacus you are referring to, you may be able to take a NJ Transit bus into Manhattan. Note that the traffic at rush hour is a pain in the butt.
Secaucus Junction is served by NJ Transit. The station is at County Road & County Avenue. Take NJT train to Hoboken. Take Uptown PATH to 14th Street and 6th Ave OR Take NJT train to Penn Station Manhattan, Take N, Q, R train on Broadway to 14th Street and Union Sq.

Yes, SECAUCUS has train service (Commuter Trains).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 4