Cabs to Harlem

Posted by marie-joelle larin 
Cabs to Harlem
June 12, 2011 09:56PM
Hello,

We are 7 people from Montreal who are going to NYC and we rented an apartment in the center of Harlem (139 and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. blv).
we'll go out in the south of the city at night and return to harlem very late in the night. I read that it could be difficult to find a taxi willing to make the trip.Is this true?

How much should cost a run between Bleeker/7Av.S & this part of Harlem (approx)?

And if we use the subway or buses, is it safe in that neighborhood???

Thank you very much!

MJL
Oracle?
Re: Cabs to Harlem
June 13, 2011 07:55AM
Did you know that short-term apartment rentals (fewer than 30 days) are illegal in NYC? And holiday rental scams are rampant here. Many times tourists show up to find the place doesn't even exist and they're left stranded. Please, please be careful. Do not wire money to anyone!
June 13, 2011 04:56PM
Oh yes Oracles, I know that! 95% of all my responses was scam!(Craiglist!) This is why I decided to use a rental Agency! And this is why I will live to Harlem... all the other cheap apartments were already rented for the period that I wanted.

So, do you have a response about my question about cabs and Harlem?grinning smiley

Thanks!
June 13, 2011 05:56PM
Hey There - this will likely cost around $20. (I don't think you'll have any trouble at all with taxi's willing to take the ride. No doubt the subway would be as convenient, and likely quicker.

BTW - That last post is untrue. It is not ILLEGAL to rent a short term apartment for less than 30 days. Just check to make sure the person you're renting from is registered with the state - and is collecting taxes.

Enjoy your stay!
June 13, 2011 07:40PM
Thanks Liani for you answer!

I'm surprise by the cost of the run! It's much cheaper than what I 'm thinking!!cool smiley

Metro or buses + walking is this safe in that area (Striver's Row)?
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=206+W+139th+st+ny&fb=1&gl=ca&hnear=0x4cc91adae3234715:0x272dfd44b50077bb,Saint-Lambert,+QC&cid=0,0,4573501981861579873&ei=rqv2TbaqMuLv0gHw7YHsDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQnwIwAA" rel="nofollow">google map

(I know that this kind of question could be frustrating for some people, but I think that this is a normal question...)

* On which website should I look for the registration of the owner?

Thank you so much!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 07:43PM by (n/a).
June 14, 2011 06:55AM
Cabs will not take 7 passengers, you will need two cabs. Don't tell the driver your destination until you are in the cab. At 2 am the subway will be slower than a cab because of the wait time between trains.
If you travel in a group of 7 or 4 people you will have no safety problems. Going home alone, drunk at 2 am is NOT a safe option.
June 15, 2011 02:01PM
Don't tell the driver your destination until you are in the cab.

Is it because the destination could be a problem for cabs? (harlem)

Going home alone, drunk at 2 am is NOT a safe option.
Of course John!

I read then there are SUV cabs in NYC actually... this is not true?
Anyway, taking 2 cabs is really not a problem.

Thanks everyonesmileys with beer
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 11