Detail needed for a short story re: traffic on Sundays

Posted by gardenboss 
Is it possible that traffic from Woodlawn in the Bronx to Manhattan would be steady/free-flowing on a Sunday evening - or always a bottleneck? (Major Deegan to the Henry Hudson)

My first trip to the city a dozen years ago, I actually drove on the Cross-Bronx and about had a melt-down. But I visited friends on LI last spring and we drove in to the Cloisters one day and the Botanical Gardens another and neither time did I find the traffic to be as scary as they'd predicted or as I remembered it. Maybe we were going opposite to the problems or maybe we left town before they started.

Anyway, I need to move a character from the Bronx to Central Park West/79th St on a Sunday evening. About how long would that take? I was guessing an hour but a writing circle friend said I was nuts. She's not from NYC either, so obviously I need expert opinion.

Thanks for any observations or suggestions of better, more realistic routes.
Carole
I think 1 hour is reasonable on most Sunday evenings but some summer Sunday's with people returning to the city at the end of a weekend, it could be worse, much worse.
Thanks! The time frame of the story is mid-April so I'll go with an hour drive-time. There's an element of fantasy to the story anyway. smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 14