New Yorker of the Month

Posted by ann 
ann
New Yorker of the Month
June 20, 2005 05:59PM
Why are only 10.1% (2) of the 21 New Yorkers of the month women? How many people live in New York?

By the way, very clever site.

Ann C.
KM
Re: New Yorker of the Month
June 21, 2005 05:43AM
watch out for next month!
Ivan
June 21, 2005 02:26PM
Well, there are about 12 million people in new york.

12 million - 21 = ......

So maybe the next 11.999.79 months there will be more women. winking smiley
Leo
June 21, 2005 03:15PM
This has to be the silliest question I have ever seen. First of all, who cares? Secondly, who determines who is the New Yorker of the Month? Ask them.
ann
June 21, 2005 03:25PM
you must be a man
Leo
June 21, 2005 03:27PM
If 99% if New Yorkers of the Month were women I would not care either way. I don't even know how they determine who New Yorker of the Month is. I think Bloomberg is New Yorker of any month. And he is no woman (as far as I know).
ann
June 21, 2005 03:37PM
Bloomberg??? He bought his way into the mayor's office. I honestly don't think of him of a true New Yorker at all.
Leo
June 22, 2005 09:51AM
And who is a "true" new yorker? Bloomberg created one of the most successful companies in the world that employs thousands of people in New York City. And virtually the whole firm is located in New York City. That company paid more in taxes to New York City than most other firms. He gets only $1/year for his work. It's amazing to me how ungrateful people are. Less than 4 years ago after 9/11, no one thought NYC will have a sustainable and robust economy. And now, we have one of the lowest unemploymnent rates in 20 years. So who is your "true" New Yorker?
ann
June 22, 2005 02:29PM
on the books he may get $1 per year - obviously you're in the financial business and therefore quite protective of bloomberg. also, the entire firm is not located in new york city. there is a branch in princeton new jersey. i would not owe the low unemployment rate in new york to him. there are plenty of people out of work in new york. and yes companies like his should pay their fair share of taxes.
Leo
June 22, 2005 05:02PM
I am protective of him not because he is in the financial business, but because he is good for the city. Or, at least, I don't see anyone on the political horizon who is better. You can not owe low unemployment rate to him only, but the low crime rate and the friendly business environment is what stimulates economic growth and encourages companies to hire workers. In this competitive environment, many financial and other firms can easily switch jobs to other states and countries. So you have to give him some credit. Not to mention that the other candidate who ran against him for major - Mark Green - is one of the lest honest guys in politics. In any case, why don't you run? You primary concern seems to be lack of women on the "New Yorkers of the Month" list. That is a real problem. Forget everything else.
January 22, 2009 04:34PM
Jennie Bourne just sent me an email to touch base. It was so good to hear from her. She was a past New Yorker of the month. A Womansmiling smiley
and has published a great, new book called: Web Video,Making It Great, Getting It Noticed
[webvideobook.tv]
[www.youtube.com]

[askanewyorker.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 06:15PM by askanewyorker.
May 02, 2009 09:19PM
Why are almost all (or all, I didn't check the archives and do the math) the Uberchic selections women? It just isn't fair (sic). Between the two, Uberchic and NYOTM what are the numbers? It seems to me that features on individuals presented by the site are relatively equal when it comes to the sexes.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 7