Date places/ideas for new yorkers?

Posted by Harvey 
Date places/ideas for new yorkers?
October 30, 2010 01:54AM
Hi!
So, my girlfriend and I have been dating for half a year now. We both live in Manhattan. Recently, I've been having a bit of trouble coming up with date ideas. We seemed to have done everything in new york haha.

So, does anyone know any interesting/fun date places/ideas for us? This could be secret spots with gorgeous views, amazing small restaurants, anything. =D

thanks a lot!!
Oracle?
Re: Date places/ideas for new yorkers?
October 30, 2010 07:44AM
You haven't scratched the surface of things to do in New York! Here are a few ideas to get you started.

One of the most beautiful (and most romantic) places in the city is the Chinese Scholar's Garden at Snug Harbor. I'm in Manhattan too, and the trip out there is really easy. From the ferry terminal in S.I., take the S40 bus (clearly marked!) and make sure you tell the driver you want to get off at Snug Harbor. It's about a 10-minute ride and the bus stops across the street. Follow the signs to the Chinese Scholar's Garden. Believe me, you'll thank me TONS.

[www.snug-harbor.org]

Just down the road from Snug Harbor is Tugs Cafe. It's cute and pubby and the food is pretty good too. They do jazz brunches on the weekends. It's a nice place to stop after you visit Snug Harbor.

[www.rhtugs.com]

The return bus stops right across the street. Be sure and check the schedule before you relax though, so you don't miss the bus and have to wait. You can also ask the host/hostess at Tugs to call a car service to get you back to the ferry, it's pretty cheap.

If you're looking for something to do today or this week while it's still peak leaf season, take a quick train ride up the Hudson. I did this yesterday, and loved it. The train runs right alongside the Hudson, so the views are beautiful (sit on the left side on the way up). There are lots of nice little towns. I went to Cold Spring to get my autumn leaves fix. All the little houses are decorated for Halloween, with pumpkins on all the porches and all the streets and lawns totally covered in leaves. The trees are still very full and very beautiful. I had lunch in a little bistro right on Main Street, which I highly recommend (the goat cheese tarts are divine!). There's also a nice walkway along the River.

If you don't feel like leaving the city, head up to the Cloisters to enjoy not only the museum, but the views of the Hudson and the Palisades.

If you like the outdoors, have you hiked Inwood Park? It's wonderful, you can hike right up to the very tip of Manhattan. Incredible views and great scenery.

Want something to do today? Tour the oldest house in Manhattan, the historic Morris-Jumel Mansion. And then go across the street for Marjorie Eliot's (free) jazz salon, held in her apartment every Sunday at 4:00 p.m.

[www.morrisjumel.org]
[www.harlemonestop.com]

Another day trip I'd highly recommend is a tour of Long Island's North Fork wineries. There are bus tours, so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving, or you can rent a car and enjoy the scenery.

[www.liwines.com]

Also, sign up for the free goldstar.com discounts. They always have great offers on boat rides too.
Re: Date places/ideas for new yorkers?
October 30, 2010 10:36AM
I love your ideas Oracle, you always know the places to go.
wow, thanks a ton!
it is easier for me to stay in the city, but thanks so much, i will definitely check out those places!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 14