Bad experience at the La Quinta Hotel, West 32nd Street

Posted by Marea 
Bad experience at the La Quinta Hotel, West 32nd Street
October 07, 2010 05:59AM
Friends of mine recently stayed at this hotel and had a very bad experience. Below is the review that one of them put on Tripadvisor.

Used needle in our bathroom!!!
I stayed here with friends according to good reviews on certain websites.
Our first 2 nights here were fine, sure the rooms were a little tight for 4 people, location was great! BUT on our 3rd night, we came in...to our hotel room after it had been cleaned to find a "used needle' beside our toilet. We called reception for them to come up and collect it (which they did) but asked to be told the next day what a used needle was doing in our hotel room!
The next morning we had to go down to management to approach 'them' about the situation. The arrogant man who was 'management' told us to come down to his office and discuss it further. After we explained what had happened, he told us he was bringing down the cleaner who was responsible for cleaning our room that night and interrogate her! as "we will be able to know ourselves if she is telling the truth or lying"...what are we, behavioural analysists!?!? We told him that we felt VERY uncomfortable with this and thought this should be his job as 'MANAGER"!
After the cleaner came down and was embarassed infornt of us all, he said he could not believe that a memeber of his 'staff' could be responsible for this and "what would you like from this", we asked for an apology and he said "it's like any problem in the hotel...if you had a blocked toilet, we would come up and unblock it, problem solved".....excuse me, but this is a NEEDLE! What if someone had children and they stepped on it! To which he replied "oh come on, it had a cap on it!". Doesn't matter!!!!
The way he dealt with this was APPALLING! He should be fired, as there was no apology, he was arrogant, defensive and down right rude! Even insinuating that we were drug users!!!!
I have never been more offended in my life and have NEVER been spoken or treated like this by a MANAGER in a hotel!!!
From this situation, i would recommend NONE stay at this hotel and we are going further to report this to 'head' of management of this chain of hotels as we cannot believe they would be happy with this response! I have photo evidence and will be happy to show this for future reference. Will let everyone know what is the outcome.
VERY DISGUSTED!!!!
I'm disgusted just reading this. The management of the company needs to get involved. Finding a needle is shocking enough, but I'm appalled that, first of all, the manager is going to "interrogate" someone, and, then, that a hotel guest would be involved in this interrogation. My guess is that the room cleaner has grounds to sue the manager and the hotel company, even if she really was responsible for leaving the needle.

I'm curious to see if Trip Advisor even publishes the review. They seem to censor some of the worst reviews.

Marea, let us know what happens.
Re: Bad experience at the La Quinta Hotel, West 32nd Street
October 07, 2010 10:56PM
My friends said he was an absolute pig. He even accused them of leaving the needle. Why would they report their own needle? Doesn't make sense. These were 4 young Australian women aged from 27 to 31 who have travelled extensively and lived in other countries. They said they have never been treated that way anywhere.
October 07, 2010 11:05PM
Two of the girls wrote bad reviews to Tripadvisor and they were both printed. I noticed that the hotel seems to reply to bad reviews so I will be interested to see if they reply to these.
incredibleconfused smiley
shockingsad smiley
You should also contact the San Antonio Texas headquarter of La Quinta. They can pull their rights of being associated with the La Quinta brand.
October 30, 2010 10:49AM
Apparently this an Applecore hotel and management replied to my friends reviews on Tripadvisor. They were either lying or had been lied to by the manager. They inferred that my friends had brought the 'sealed, packed and unused' syringe in and tried to get free nights. It was used, not sealed, etc, my friends took photos to prove it. They said they had insisted on free nights, totally untrue, they asked for a 10% discount, which wasn't given. The reply also said my friends had been shown records to show no one had been in their room, again totally untrue. If no one had been there how was it cleaned. The manager also dragged the poor cleaner in, even though my friends said they didn't want to interrogate her. Looking at Tripadvisor, there other reviews that say some people have come back and found the manager in their room, sounds very susss?? to me.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 20