The Met

Posted by Michael 
The Met
September 23, 2010 07:57PM
Hello from Raleigh NC!

I'm writing a book and I wanted to know a few things about the Met. There's a brief scene that takes place there and I'm just trying to get a better sense of it.

1. When standing in front of the museum outside, can you see the Empire State Building? I'm assuming you can't see the Chrysler building, yes?

2. How crowded is the Met in the middle of the day on a weekday?

3. How long does it take to get from the middle of Queens to the Met?

4. How do people from Manhattan generally feel about people from Queens? Particularly, upper class people from a nice neighborhood like Forest Hills Gardens?

Thank you so much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 08:00PM by (n/a).
Oracle?
Re: The Met
September 23, 2010 09:15PM
1. If you stand on Fifth Ave. by the Met, you can just make out the tip of the ESB above the buildings that block the direct view. You can't see the Chrysler Bldg.

2. Too many variables -- whether there's a popular special exhibit, or peak tourist season, or what the weather is like.

3. Queens is enormous, but figure about an hour from the middle of the borough to the Met.

4. I can't generalize about how people feel, I can only tell you how I feel -- There's no stigma attached to being from Queens. If it makes a difference, I'm from Manhattan and live a few blocks from the Met.

However, they say you should never write about anything you don't know, which gives you the perfect excuse to visit NYC.
Michael
Re: The Met
September 23, 2010 09:29PM
Ooo thank you so much!

Well I've been to New York and I'm in love with it. I just haven't been to the Met and my characters are going there briefly.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 6