Safest places in NYC?

Posted by waspe 
Safest places in NYC?
September 16, 2010 08:00PM
Hi, my name is grant waspe. and I'm thinking of moving to America or Canada, and New York City is one of the cities that's on the list. i have no real budget. i need a safe neighborhood considering I'm from New Zealand, one of the safest countries, and i have no "street smarts" coz iv never needed them.
Re: Safest places in NYC?
September 17, 2010 05:45AM
Grant,
If you have 'no real budjet' does that mean the skys the limit? Otherwise you need a real budget and a real game plan.The vast majority of neighborhoods in all five boroughs would be considered safe places to live. Where in New Zealand do you live? Always wanted to visit. I hear the South Island is really beautiful.
September 19, 2010 03:58AM
Thanks, yes the south island is stunning. well, i want to live in a neibourhood and not in a high price hotal. idk... lets say 4000 a week? is that alright? how much is the going rate? i live in auckland, north island.
September 22, 2010 08:49AM
We are getting off topic, i specifically came on to this web site to ask a question and so far it hasn't been answered. so ill repeat it,

What are the safest neighbourhoods in New York City? Iv heard SoHo and Greenwich Village is good? is this right?
September 22, 2010 08:59AM
Those above nabes are extremely safe and wealthy...but for 4 grand a week...Grant is that correct or did you add an extra zero by mistake....needless to say if it is 4 grand you'll be just fine. PS New York is the safest biggest city in the US and Manhattan through and through is really a very safe island
September 22, 2010 09:20AM
Well money just isn't a issue for me. My father is a investor, and will fund my accommodation. But im not happy bladging off his wealth, even though is will be necessary as my safety takes top priority and if the most expensive is the safest then so be it.. and in fact this is the reason im looking into moving over seas. Being in America means i wont be paying so much for American and Canadian shares, and because of the exchange rate buying shares in the NZX will be easy.

Anyway back to home base. if what your saying is true and that any where i stay in Manhattan is safe and i propose a different question?

What is the best neighbourhood to stay in? where best is defined by night life, shopping, traffic, noise, and friendliness. ill probably be getting a bar tending job, so i might as well ask what the pay is for a bar tending job is like?
Oracle?
September 22, 2010 10:17AM
FYI, you must be 21 to drink or serve alcohol.
September 22, 2010 10:31AM
oh SH** .. didnt think of that.. in New Zealand its 18. hmmm.. well.. what are the best jobs for someone in the 18 to 20 year old bracket?
Oracle?
September 22, 2010 11:49AM
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but are you aware that we're suffering the worst loss of jobs since the Great Depression? 18- to 20-year-olds do not hold skilled professional jobs here, besides, preference would be given to U.S. citizens for any open jobs. And you would need a green card.

In an ideal world, you could live and work anywhere you choose to. But in today's reality, you might want to consider a holiday in the U.S. to see firsthand how marketable your skills are in the event you want to pursue the big move.
September 23, 2010 04:50AM
noted. thanks for your help guys. hope to one day live in your fine city one day
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 3