Where to buy sturdy shopping cart?

Posted by Wolfgang 
Where to buy sturdy shopping cart?
October 24, 2008 10:07AM
As we all know, many New Yorkers don't own a car. So when they go grocery shopping for heavy items, many use one of those folding shopping carts.

I owned three of these flimsy carts over the last couple of years, and all died for the same reason: Bad engineering, and bad quality, made on the cheap in China. The axles and wheels are not strong enough to transport 2-3 cases of water across the bumpy sidewalks of Manhattan.

Hence my question: Where is the best place to buy a new folding shopping cart? Which store in NYC (must be reachable by train/subway) has the biggest selection? I am looking for the most sturdy cart out there, and won't care if it costs 2-3 times of a regular cart.

Any suggestions welcome.
Re: Where to buy sturdy shopping cart?
October 24, 2008 10:25AM
Wolfgang, totally agree. Great Question. MMmmm seems like a smart idea for someone to come along and engineer a much improved folding shopping cart. I'll be looking in the meantime for you....
October 24, 2008 12:22PM
I have heard people say they use luggage to go to Costco and Sam's.
Red
October 24, 2008 02:20PM
Try the container store. This seems like a notch above the usual cart:

[www.containerstore.com]
Hi,

Here is a website i've encountered: BagBuddyCart (http://www.bagbuddycart.com/)

They sell stylish shopping carts. Might be good one for you.

Victor
November 21, 2008 02:23PM
Love the Bag Buddy. If I didn't have a real bag buddy (don't tell you know who I called him that) I would consider it for the Farmer's Market. I like the swivel wheels.
September 22, 2010 01:54PM
Alas, Bag Buddy site says "temporarily out of stock," and phone disconnected. From the picture it seemed ideal. Any other sources??
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 10