Where is the highest point in Manhattan?

Posted by boboman 
i would like to topdown the beautiful city at night? Where are the best spots, like mountains, natural scenes. Not the empire state buildings or top of rock.

THX
Re: Where is the highest point in Manhattan?
September 05, 2010 12:00PM
Manhattan's highest point
Ten blocks from the northern end of Washington Heights, in its Hudson Heights neighborhood near Pinehurst Avenue and 183rd Street in Bennett Park, is a plaque marking Manhattan's highest natural elevation, 265 ft (80.8 m) above sea level, at what was the location of Fort Washington, the Revolutionary War camp of General George Washington and his troops, from whom Washington Heights takes its name.

[en.wikipedia.org]

The highest point in the city is Todt Hill on Staten Island, which, at 409.8 feet (124.9 m) above sea level, is the highest point on the Eastern Seaboard south of Maine.[52] The summit of the ridge is mostly covered in woodlands as part of the Staten Island Greenbelt.[53]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 12:10PM by askanewyorker.
September 05, 2010 12:12PM
Not too far from Morris Jumel mansionsmiling smiley Fascinating pice of US history

[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 12:13PM by askanewyorker.
thank you for such detailed info. But i want to see the beautiful night neon view of the skyscrapers, i think the Washington Heights or the Todt Hill are both too far, right?

btw, i check the Morris Jumel mansion, it is haunted, isn't it? Any other famous haunted house in NY? u mention Morris Jumel mansion due to its history or its haunted story?

thanks!!
September 06, 2010 10:01AM
for a great night-time view, I think you should go to the brooklyn heights promenade...it's GREAT. It was one of the very first things I saw during my first visit to New York, years ago, and after I saw this I decided I MUST MOVE TO NYC! and I did!
it's not high up, but a terrific view, nonetheless.
September 06, 2010 09:02PM
Another place to get a great view of the Mnhattan skyline is from Hoboken New Jersey, you catch the Path train across from Manhattan.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 12