Vacationing in New York. Brooklyn or East Village?

Posted by Mr. David from LA 
Coming to NY in a week with my girlfriend and am looking at travel plans. Can stay in the East Village at a place for about $750 or stay in Brooklyn for about $400. I think we ought to stay in NYC, as that's where the action is. She's thinking maybe we should stay in Brooklyn to save money. But if we stay in the East Village, won't we be much closer to the heart of NYC? I want to visit Brooklyn at some point as well, but having never been to NYC, thought it'd be more pleasant to stay there, and avoid having to take the subway all the time to get into NYC. Whatdya think? Thanks.
First, Brooklyn is part of NYC. It's one of five boroughs (counties) that make up the city. Brooklyn is much bigger than Manhattan, so just saying you're looking at staying in Brooklyn doesn't give enough information.

Hopefully you're looking at a hotel, not an apartment, which are for the most part illegal. Or, worse, there are many scams on the internet, where the place doesn't even exist.

Please be careful.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 7